• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued By Overstreet

30 posts in this topic

Just wondering what books you have noticed are undervalued by overstreet in comparison to reality.

Off the top of my head:

Strange Tales 110, 180

Tales to Astonish 13

Avengers 55, 57

Ironman 55

Wayyyy too many to list. Likewise, there are numerous books overvalued in Overstreet.

well I think Hulk# 181 is over valued, I thought the rarity of a comic makes the value... the census for 181 is off the chart with hundreds more added monthly... soon the bubble will pop.
supply and demand "makes" the value. Rarity (supply) is only one component. The demand for wolvie continues year after year to exceed a large supply and hence the book should at least maintain value. The hg "bubble" burst years ago but avg condition comics value has steadily increased (for the most part) since 1975. No bubble to burst I am afraid

My pet peeve list of underrated DC books:

Brave & the Bold #25 - 1st Suicide Squad

Star Spangled War Stories #90 - 1st Dino story (why do the war collectors downplay this great book so much? ;)

Brave & the Bold #31 - 1st Cave Carson (I know, Cave never too off, but its a damn dine cover!)

Marvel forgotten pre-hero books:

Amazing Adventures 1-6

Strange Worlds 1-5

World of Fantasy 16-19

SSWS 84 (1st Mlle. Marie)

Archie's Pals & Gals 23 (1st Josie)

FF 52 (1st BP)

ASM 33 (classic c)

TOS 52, 57 (Widow, Hawkeye)

ST 97 (aunt May), 110 (1st DS), 130 (not only the Beatles, but first full Dr. Strange cover in comics... as far as I know)

Lots of undervalued Gold Key tv cartoon (thumbs u or Dell Four Color funny animal comic first appearances that top out in NM at about $120 like:

1. Snagglepuss

2. Speedy Gonzales circa 1960

3. Huckleberry Hound circa 1960

4. Tinker Bell circa 1962 ?

5. Rocky and Fiendish Friends

6. Mr Magoo

Guess Ostreet values flatlined after the Dell file and :juggle: Random House Archives deluged the market.

well I think Hulk# 181 is over valued, I thought the rarity of a comic makes the value... the census for 181 is off the chart with hundreds more added monthly... soon the bubble will pop.

I beginning to suspect you are clueless when it comes to things comic related. Rarity is one aspect of what makes value, but there are dozens of books with a CGC population of one that are worth pretty much nothing.