• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pieces of another comic stuck to my Amazing Spiderman #2

6 posts in this topic

Without getting a restored grade, the only thing you could do is attempt to scrape some of the book that is sticking off. I would strongly suggest not doing this, as even if you are really careful you will end up taking some of the ASM 2 with it.

You could send it in to classics, or one of the few board members that do restoration, and ask to just try and get some of it off without a solution bath. I bet they would do a decent job but I sort of doubt it would be worth the money.

I would leave it alone. It grades pretty much the same, with or without the paper sticking to it. If you want a better book, sell that one and upgrade to a VG copy.

It won't get a plod since it looks clear that another paper item was stuck to the FC at some point. And it won't be worth trying to get it removed as paper and inks will likely get removed as well. Plenty of ASM 2s out there to upgrade to :)

I've soaked off odd bits like that (from lowgrader copies, of course) with a product called Bestine. Apply with a q-tip, soak it down good, use a non-serrated butter knife to lift the edge, peel back with tweezers. Apply more bestine as necessary, it doesn't seem to have any affect on the cover, and dries up and disappears. I have also used it to remove residue from paperback covers.

Heh, play with a stuck together Archie or some such to get some skills first.

Without getting a restored grade, the only thing you could do is attempt to scrape some of the book that is sticking off. I would strongly suggest not doing this, as even if you are really careful you will end up taking some of the ASM 2 with it.

You could send it in to classics, or one of the few board members that do restoration, and ask to just try and get some of it off without a solution bath. I bet they would do a decent job but I sort of doubt it would be worth the money.

I would leave it alone. It grades pretty much the same, with or without the paper sticking to it. If you want a better book, sell that one and upgrade to a VG copy.

+1