• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Expo - July 2, 2013

38 posts in this topic

+1

Im in the same boat. I was going to go but the flight and hotel prices were outrageous.

yah hotels are priced like its summertime in the second most expensive city in the US on a holiday week. lame.

The list of exclusive comics looks great this year, definitely worth the price of a premium ticket...

The Image Expo exclusives are special editions of FATALE #15 by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, GHOSTED #1 by Joshua Williamson, Goran Sudzuka, and Miroslav Mrva; SATELLITE SAM #1 by Matt Fraction and Howard Chaykin; SHELTERED #1 by Ed Brisson, Johnnie Christmas, and Shari Chankhamma; a black-and-white ashcan of SIDEKICK #1 by J. Michael Straczynski, Tom Mandrake, and Brian Miller, and THE WALKING DEAD #112 by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

I am also super excited that Mark Millar will be attending, I've been wanting to meet him and get some stuff signed for a long time. Kick- might just be the greatest thing ever written, ever! ;)

For those of you attending the Image Expo, there will be a witness available. I don't know if anyone will be taking mail-in submissions as each signing will have strict limits due to the small size and schedule for the event. This is not a typical "convention" event where the guests sit and sign for long periods of time.

While its expensive to attend, I think the exclusives and guest list are worth it!

For those of you attending the Image Expo, there will be a witness available. I don't know if anyone will be taking mail-in submissions as each signing will have strict limits due to the small size and schedule for the event. This is not a typical "convention" event where the guests sit and sign for long periods of time.

While its expensive to attend, I think the exclusives and guest list are worth it!

I completely agree with it being worth it. Quite jealous of the people that are gonna be making out there. ENJOY!!

For those of you attending the Image Expo and want to get your books witnessed for SS grading:

1) Please prepare your books as much as possible before the event. Consult the threads about how to make a window bag for your comics so they are easily accessible for the creators to sign. Please try to fill out your own CGC invoices ahead of time, by using the online forms. Finally, make sure your name, contact information (and invoice number, if you've prepared it) are on the backing board of every comic you hope to get signed.

2) During the Image Expo event, we will try to arrange a meeting place in the 12-1:30 pm break where you can find the witness and we can go over the specifics, etc.

3) Get in line for each signing and please observe the signing limits posted by Image and the Expo staff. You will be getting your own books signed by the creator(s).

4) At the front of each line will be stationed the witness(es). Once the book is signed, you will need to hand off the book(s) to that witness, which is why every book needs to be labelled AHEAD OF TIME and invoices should be filled out as best as possible.

5) After the final signing with Robert Kirkman, the witness(es) will be around for a BRIEF period of time to close out people's invoices. There will NOT be a witness available at the evening party, and the books and witness are LEAVING SF that evening.

To be clear, I am *NOT* speaking for any other facilitators and/or witnesses at the event, as they will have their own procedures.

I am not taking ANY mail-in submissions for this event, and costs will be discussed with each person attending and submitting books at the event. The cost will ultimately be determined in order to cover the costs of attending the event and submitting the books to CGC.

I am hoping that this will go as smooth as possible. PM me if you have any questions, otherwise see you there next Tuesday!

-Joel

I will be working with Joel and wanted to follow up a bit. Here are some other notes:

1) Kirkman MAY be charging $10 per book for SS. Please keep that in mind and be ready if need be.

2) I will bring invoice forms with me to the show (blue label, yellow label, and pressing forms). If for some reason you can't fill out the online forms, please do your best to fill these out to make Joel's life easier.

3) Joel will be driving to the show on Monday and may not be easy to reach. If you have questions, I'd certainly be happy to help answer them.

4) Joel is one of the nicest guys in the SS community. PLEASE be respectful of him and try to him by being on top of stuff and making his life relatively smooth.

5) I also will not be accepting mail ins. Please don't ask.

-Ryan