• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This craigslist guy has to be stopped.

61 posts in this topic

This should sound familiar to the NY listers:

I have 500 comics exacly, all Marvel and DC. Please don't email me and ask me if I still have the comics. If the ad is up I still have them.

:P

I have some stuff to sell you. Now *SPOON* OFF!!! lol

I have 500 comics exacly, all Marvel and DC. Please don't email me and ask me if I still have the comics. If the ad is up I still have them.

Seen it.

:lol:

-slym

Yesterday I visited someone on Craigslist who had a collection. After looking through some of them, I asked what he wanted.......he said that they all were various prices and he pulled out Hulk 324 and said he wanted $15 for it.

I stared at him for a second and made a beeline to my car without saying anything to him.

Yesterday I went to a fleamarket and this book shop had comics with various prices stickers on the bag. Youngbloood year book was $10 and that death of superman green cover diecast was $10........common books were $5 at least.

I did not even pick up 4 books before I was like F this and left.

Then people want to know why they are not moving product........well gee I wonder why.....

I have some stuff to sell you. Now *SPOON* OFF!!! lol

lol

i was going to meet up with this guy but when he said he wanted to meet at an extended stay hotel i said forget it. i am so glad i didnt meet with him.

when you see it...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/bfs/3972975452.html

craigslistcopy_zps08d045e4.jpg

:roflmao:

LMAO!

I missed that until you pointed it out.

i was going to meet up with this guy but when he said he wanted to meet at an extended stay hotel i said forget it. i am so glad i didnt meet with him.

when you see it...

LMAO!

...wait...so...you guys didn't like my picture? Thought it would help the sale. :grin:

when you see it...

LMAO!

...wait...so...you guys didn't like my picture? Thought it would help the sale. :grin:

It certainly kept it from petering out too quickly.

-slym

when you see it...

LMAO!

s10z6d.gif

Back to the OPs general topic, there's a guy here in Michigan who plasters Craigslist claiming to pay tens of thousands for large collections...couldn't help but test this out. Apparently if you send him lists with grades you get no response, but if you email him saying you have "thousands of comics with 10cent prices on them, but I don't know much about comics" then you receive reply emails for days. Bottom line, this is not a guy really looking to buy collections, but rather someone trying to find people that know nothing about comics and trying to swindle them out of books.

I know the economy is tight, and the comic business is tighter...but I still enjoy being able to sleep at night :)