• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is anybody else a Gold Key fan? Cover parties are fun

74 posts in this topic

I love the painted covers that some of them had.

I also really like the TV photo covers. certainly has great nostalgic memories. smile.gif

I have been fortunate to pick up great runs of most of the titles in the collections I have bought over the years. When I got them I certainly thought that most were NM, but that was well b4 the days of CGC and the super high end.

If I ever get around to sending books in for slabbing I thought that some of these would be good candidates.

594724-docsolar12.jpg.5cf477e48ba56a0e911574cfc3aa6640.jpg

Thanks for the link. A nice long thread I will have fun looking over the pages when I have a bit more time.

One of these days I will have to have someone show me how to post the image directly. I used to have an HTML command that someone sent me, but I lost it a few years ago. Of course I would guess that I would have to have them uploaded to somewhere b4 I could reference them directly.

594754-lotg2.jpg.348fc3793634001d90be14f1d53e41ea.jpg

I was having trouble getting a good preview so picked one of the worst condition ones to show.

I lost access to my old version of Paint Sho Pro 5 due to a missing dll. That was always my favoriute program for working with my scans. Guess I will have to download a new trial copy of a more current version. or heaven forbid actually buy a copy of it. That is hard to do since I have access to so many built in programs, but none seemed anywhere near as good as this old one.

Here is another of my favorite covers smile.gif

594828-magnusrf2.jpg.b88a2fa2cec2d47a01536389ac3d1617.jpg

I actually spent quite a bit of time scanning and editing a bunch of my books about 4 years ago. I probably have around 1k scans stored. I used to have them loaded at auction watch, then they started charging so they fell off.

If you want any in particular I'll try to take requests. It is fun for me to see them as well since they are all stored and I only look at them when I am sorting a new batch into the collection.

594981-spacefamrob11.jpg.b879f737fc00a1be7d34e4e99df8d770.jpg

I only have a few ready preped that are in the "available" folder. I do have quite a few more that need editing ( mostly becasue i scanned them @~ 380k

I just noticed you are the same guy who posted the JIM 87 in the marketplace.

foreheadslap.gifhi.gif

Killer covers guys!

I`ve always loved the GK photo or painted covers.I have Invaders #2 and #4 in NM

and a few Dells(Rin Tin Tin and Three Stooges) but would love to get more.Solar and Magnus have always been on my wish list.

Until I learn to upload and get a site I will attach some fun scans. as long as people want to see them and post them i will keep on doing this.

I just brought in over 1000 scans to the computer at the office to make this easier.

This is another Space Family Robinson #18

605851-spacefamrob18.jpg.1ba2921098e1d116ccdf9187a8bfd055.jpg