• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed for now - Unemployment Sale, TOS #39 and IH 181

29 posts in this topic

:( Unfortunately I lost my job this morning. As a result, I am putting up for sale some of my best books to help support my family during the transition phase to another opportunity.

Shipping is included for any of these below books to US or Canada. No HOS or Probie's please. First :takeit: in the thread gets it over any PM's or offers in the works. Just putting up the two books for now.

Jason

First up, TOS #39, CGC 7.0 Off White Pages. This book has been pressed by the previous owner. The book looks fantastic, more like an 8.0/8.5 but it has a hole punch through the cover only on the top right through the comics code seal. It's pretty inconspicuous as you can see from the photo.

Last two GPA's on this book in 7.0, also both with Off White pages was $7,700 at the end of May 2013 and $7,500 earlier in 2013.

Asking $7,400 shipped to your door. Open to reasonable offers and discussion on this one given the cost of the book

TOS39cgc70_zps5af4b9df.jpg

Next up is The Incredible Hulk #181, CGC 7.5 White Pages. I purchased this book raw before sending it down to Joey for a press and submission to CGC.

Recent GPA for this grade ranges from $850-$1050 for OW or OW/W pages

You can have this nice White pages example for $925. The colors really pop off the cover with this book.

035_zps03629c3c.jpg

036_zpse83cb144.jpg

First up, TOS #39, CGC 7.0 Off White Pages. This book has been pressed by the previous owner. The book looks fantastic, more like an 8.0/8.5 but it has a hole punch through the cover only on the top right through the comics code seal. It's pretty inconspicuous as you can see from the photo.

Last two GPA's on this book in 7.0, also both with Off White pages was $7,700 at the end of May 2013 and $7,500 earlier in 2013.

Asking $7,400 shipped to your door. Open to reasonable offers and discussion on this one given the cost of the book

Damn that is tempting!

I'm pretty sure thats the same copy i almost bought like 2 years ago when it was in a Green label holder. How long have you had it and did you buy it from a boardie if you dont mind me asking?

I only ask because i'm wondering if its the same book hm

Yes, from the boards a while back. Not sure if it was ever in a green label holder or not, I purchased already slabbed and blue label.

Its a beautiful book, I really don't want to sell, but need to be realistic about my situation. Tough decisions, but family always comes first.

J

Damn that is tempting!

I'm pretty sure thats the same copy i almost bought like 2 years ago when it was in a Green label holder. How long have you had it and did you buy it from a boardie if you dont mind me asking?

Yep, same book. I was the previous owner.

Damn that is tempting!

Yep, same book. I was the previous owner.

Yep, i found our pm thread from back in 2011 and almost cried for passing it up back then :cry:

Next up is The Incredible Hulk #181, CGC 7.5 White Pages. I purchased this book raw before sending it down to Joey for a press and submission to CGC.

You can have this nice White pages example for $925. The colors really pop off the cover with this book.

035_zps03629c3c.jpg

036_zpse83cb144.jpg

I'm sorry about the job bud! :foryou: Been there before. :( Better things on the horizon though!

hm This Hulk #181 "aug-8" copy would go great with my DD #1 "2/4" copy. But I'm already on a time payment for that. Otherwise, I'd definitely consider it!! GLWTS!! :wishluck:

035_zps03629c3c.jpg

036_zpse83cb144.jpg

I'm sorry about the job bud! :foryou: Been there before. :( Better things on the horizon though!

hm This Hulk #181 "aug-8" copy would go great with my DD #1 "2/4" copy. But I'm already on a time payment for that. Otherwise, I'd definitely consider it!! GLWTS!! :wishluck:

Thanks! We'll see if it sells, if not, maybe we can talk!

That's a pretty handsome copy - GLWTS and with the ensuing job hunt. Things are picking up - you'll find something. Stiff upper lip and all that (thumbs u