• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(SPOILER ALERT) What to watch for in Man Of Steel(SPOILER ALERT}

29 posts in this topic

What was your take on the splash before the school bus hit the water?

I think it was just part of the bridge falling ahead of the bus.

But one thing about that scene, the bus has 2012 plates. Oops!

The kid that Clark saves from drowning has the same name as one of Clarks friends on the Smallville show.

And when they are looking at old photos, Clark is holding up a reward with Pa Kent behind him. On the wall behind them is a sign that says Weisinger. Probably a nod to Mort.

What was your take on the splash before the school bus hit the water?
I think it was just part of the bridge falling ahead of the bus.
Ah, I missed the railing. That makes sense, given the position of it. It still looked funny.
The kid that Clark saves from drowning has the same name as one of Clarks friends on the Smallville show.
Pete Ross has a long history in the comics. He was the friend who helped Superboy keep his secret in Smallville when Lana was working hard to figure it out in probably half the Superboy stories from the '50s and maybe a few times in the '80s Superboy series. The Pete Ross character in the series "Smallville" did the same. In "Man of Steel," he did keep the secret as a kid, but not so much as an adult, as we see Lois talking to him at IHoP and then cut straight to the Kent farm.

That's perfect for Aquaman:

sending his little fish friends in to save the day, only to arrive after Supes already took care of business.

lol

lol

Michael Shannon actually made fun of Aquaman.

Man Of Steel: Michael Shannon Wants Zod To Fight Aquaman

Shannon laughed, “Ultimately it would be Zod versus like a bunch of sea creatures that Aquaman talked to, while Aquaman’s hiding in the corner.”