• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(SPOILER ALERT) What to watch for in Man Of Steel(SPOILER ALERT}

29 posts in this topic

Your probably thinking Dear lord not another MOS thread. Well I hope this one is somewhat helpful. Especially for the people who already seen the movie MOS.

Got to see the Man Of Steel today again and was able to actually pause and stop the film (don't ask) and actually check out the goings on in the background. Here are some of the things to watch for. I know some out there have asked if there are any thing to watch for. Well here are the most notable in the film. I'm only posting the most obvious ones.

(Spoiler Alert) DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO FIND THESE THINGS OUT ON YOUR OWN!!! (SPOILER ALERT)

We're gonna skip the planet Krypton scenes and go right to the oil rig scene.

Watch for the 2 whales swimming toward the flaming rig. Aquaman??? Possible.

Not sure why two whales would be swimming toward a flaming rig.

Lets go to the scientist, Dr. Hamilton. It's mentioned he works for S.T.A.R. Labs and a reference about Cyborg is briefly mentioned. Very briefly. Like its something he's working on. Oh and then there's Carol Ferris, the girl that says the line near the end about "kind of a hunk", well she's Green Lantern's love interest in the Green Lantern movie (played by a different actress) and you see her throughout the movie in several scenes usually with the General. They keep her in the background in most of the shots. She is also known as Star Sapphire in comics. A Green Lantern villain.

Now lets go to the crashed spaceship. While Clark is checking it out you may notice four pods still holding skeletons of people from Krypton. Hey why is that one open and no body in it. Hey maybe Supergirl was in there? Krypto? Maybe we'll find out in the next movie. Maybe we'll find out who Lois heard when she's walking through the tunnel to the spaceship.

And Zod mentions he followed a distress signal coming from Earth.

OK I believe everyone seen the Lex Corp building during the rain of space debris scene. Did you notice the oil truck that was tossed at Superman was also a Lexcorp truck. Also the truck that dropped Clark off at his home in Smallville had Lexcorp on its side.

Getting back to that space debris. That was the Wayne Enterprise satellite. Boy is Bruce gonna be pizzed.

While Superman is flying head on at Zod. He's going straight down along a tall building you can see a sign saying BLAZE COMICS. Blaze Comics is the company that publishes Booster Gold comics in DC comics.

During the flashback scenes of young Clark watch for a brief appearance of Lana Lang and a mention of the Sullivan family which is Chloe's last name from the Smallville TV show. Oh and the guy playing Officer Sekowsky was also on Smallville. Actor Alessandro Juliani.

And the last one that I'll mention. Check out Jor EL's hologram in the background. Lots of references can be found in it. Some showing what looks like parts from the 1st Reeves Superman movie.

Well thats all I'm going to bring up. There are more if you watch closely and they are hard to catch. Take um for what you will. I think your next viewing of MOS will be more about the surrounding stuff in the movie that you didn't catch the first time.

Enjoy!

MC (Ken)

I don't know if it's been previously mentioned on the boards, but I noticed during the scene where the Army guys are handing Supes (and Lois) over to Zod, there's a little boy, looks like he's all of 8-years-old, standing there with the rest of the military folks, dressed in uniform like the rest of them. I thought it was the oddest thing. WTF is a kid dressed in military uniform like everyone else there??? But perhaps he's part of the Green Team Boy Millionaires. I can't figure out any other reason honestly.

Oh and then there's Carol Ferris, the girl that says the line near the end about "kind of a hunk", well she's Green Lantern's love interest in the Green Lantern movie (played by a different actress) and you see her throughout the movie in several scenes usually with the General. They keep her in the background in most of the shots. She is also known as Star Sapphire in comics. A Green Lantern villain.

Carrie Farris. :gossip: Not Carol Ferris.

Major Carrie Farris imdb

I don't know if it's been previously mentioned on the boards, but I noticed during the scene where the Army guys are handing Supes (and Lois) over to Zod, there's a little boy, looks like he's all of 8-years-old, standing there with the rest of the military folks, dressed in uniform like the rest of them. I thought it was the oddest thing. WTF is a kid dressed in military uniform like everyone else there??? But perhaps he's part of the Green Team Boy Millionaires. I can't figure out any other reason honestly.

I noticed that too, on the first viewing.

Second time through, it looked (I'm not positively sure) but it looked like it may have been the "Carol Ferris / Carrie Farris" character.

She's of fairly small stature, and when dressed in the battle gear with a helmet on, she had the appearance of a young boy.

At least, I think that's it.

Oh and then there's Carol Ferris, the girl that says the line near the end about "kind of a hunk", well she's Green Lantern's love interest in the Green Lantern movie (played by a different actress) and you see her throughout the movie in several scenes usually with the General. They keep her in the background in most of the shots. She is also known as Star Sapphire in comics. A Green Lantern villain.

Major Carrie Farris imdb

Interesting. She clearly wore Captain's bars throughout the entire movie. Not a Major at any point, not even at the end. Did they ever give a reason she was driving Lieutenant General Swanson out into that remote area, other than the overly dramatic destruction of the drone? It's doubly weird because she's Air Force and he's Army. Normally it would be the General's Aide doing such things along with the General, but I never heard of an aide coming from another service. (I know, movies never get the military right, but since we're talking bout her… :) )

ADD: Checking IMDB, I see the rank is already mentioned as a goof, even though the goof is in the credits.

Your probably thinking Dear lord not another MOS thread. Well I hope this one is somewhat helpful. Especially for the people who already seen the movie MOS.

Got to see the Man Of Steel today again and was able to actually pause and stop the film (don't ask) and actually check out the goings on in the background. Here are some of the things to watch for. I know some out there have asked if there are any thing to watch for. Well here are the most notable in the film. I'm only posting the most obvious ones.

(Spoiler Alert) DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO FIND THESE THINGS OUT ON YOUR OWN!!! (SPOILER ALERT)

We're gonna skip the planet Krypton scenes and go right to the oil rig scene.

Watch for the 2 whales swimming toward the flaming rig. Aquaman??? Possible.

Not sure why two whales would be swimming toward a flaming rig.

Lets go to the scientist, Dr. Hamilton. It's mentioned he works for S.T.A.R. Labs and a reference about Cyborg is briefly mentioned. Very briefly. Like its something he's working on. Oh and then there's Carol Ferris, the girl that says the line near the end about "kind of a hunk", well she's Green Lantern's love interest in the Green Lantern movie (played by a different actress) and you see her throughout the movie in several scenes usually with the General. They keep her in the background in most of the shots. She is also known as Star Sapphire in comics. A Green Lantern villain.

Now lets go to the crashed spaceship. While Clark is checking it out you may notice four pods still holding skeletons of people from Krypton. Hey why is that one open and no body in it. Hey maybe Supergirl was in there? Krypto? Maybe we'll find out in the next movie. Maybe we'll find out who Lois heard when she's walking through the tunnel to the spaceship.

OK I believe everyone seen the Lex Corp building during the rain of space debris scene. Did you notice the oil truck that was tossed at Superman was also a Lexcorp truck. Also the truck that dropped Clark off at his home in Smallville had Lexcorp on its side.

Getting back to that space debris. That was the Wayne Enterprise satellite. Boy is Bruce gonna be pizzed.

While Superman is flying head on at Zod. He's going straight down along a tall building you can see a sign saying BLAZE COMICS. Blaze Comics is the company that publishes Booster Gold comics in DC comics.

During the flashback scenes of young Clark watch for a brief appearance of Lana Lang and a mention of the Sullivan family which is Chloe's last name from the Smallville TV show. Oh and the guy playing Officer Sekowsky was also on Smallville. Actor Alessandro Juliani.

And the last one that I'll mention. Check out Jor EL's hologram in the background. Lots of references can be found in it. Some showing what looks like parts from the 1st Reeves Superman movie.

Well thats all I'm going to bring up. There are more if you watch closely and they are hard to catch. Take um for what you will. I think your next viewing of MOS will be more about the surrounding stuff in the movie that you didn't catch the first time.

Enjoy!

MC (Ken)

What was your take on the splash before the school bus hit the water?

(I know, movies never get the military right, but since we're talking bout her… :) )

That drives me crazy sometimes with military personnel portrayed in movies. I forget which movie it was, but they had a Combat Infantry Badge underneath all of the awards, when Army policy is it goes above all other awards. Made me wonder who the "military consultant" was, and which Army/Navy store he worked at.

But I have seen joint service aides in certain situations, and especially if it is a joint service command.

Major Carrie Farris imdb

I believe IMDB got it wrong. Gotta check the credits again when I get a chance.

It was the distress signal on the ship that Clark activated.

This sounds like a movie so packed with details, it takes a few viewings just to catch all the content and easter eggs.

Major Carrie Farris imdb

I believe IMDB got it wrong. Gotta check the credits again when I get a chance.

Here's a screen grab of an online screencap where her "FARRIS" nametag is visible. And the captain's bars someone already noted.

A lot of websites are making the leap to a "Carol Ferris" easter egg, and maybe it is. But with the character's first and last names completely different, just seems like a stretch to connect dots that aren't necessarily there (imho).

Either way, kudos tho the actor Christina Wren for snagging the part. She's an extremely cute screen presence and the buzz is bound to rocket-fuel her career.

Farris.jpg1367241218_Christina-Wren-Red-Radiator-780x1174.jpg

Got to see the Man Of Steel today again and was able to actually pause and stop the film (don't ask)...

-off, I want to know how you were able to pause a movie in the theater?

:gossip: He didn't say that he saw it in a theater.

Got to see the Man Of Steel today again and was able to actually pause and stop the film (don't ask)...

-off, I want to know how you were able to pause a movie in the theater?

:gossip: He didn't say that he saw it in a theater.

captain-obvious-thanks.jpg

:baiting:

It was the distress signal on the ship that Clark activated.

I wonder if there would have been a distress signal at all if Clark hadn't destroyed the guardian that was trying to kill Lois. hm