• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone done a cover party for Classics Comics/Illustrateds?

12 posts in this topic

I'll see if I can get my friend to loan me his CGC 9.2 #8 for me to scan. I saw that book before it was slabbed, and it was something to behold. Then the fact that it was puchased at BRIMFIELD, and it gets you all teary eyed... :-)

Brimfield is a big yearly flea in central/western Mass.

I don't own any, but if someone has The Arabian knights or any of the "horror" issues with the original line drawn covers, I'd love to see them posted.

Hey wake up out there! There isn't a #170 Classics Illustrated. shocked.gif Surprised nobody caught that.

The #170 was actually printed by an independant printer who collected CI's. The book is a index of all the Classics. Cover is a reprint of #1, back is a reprint of the last CI #169.

The First Men In The Moon is from Sweden. I believe with an alternate cover. Book reads in English.

The only horror/monster ones I remember are Frankenstein, Invisible Man, Hunchback, Time Machine (Morlocks), Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, and War of the Worlds.

I actually like the painted covers over the drawn ones.

I like the Sci-fi and action stories as well as Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.