• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reynold Jay's Market Survey

8 posts in this topic

Awhile back, Reynold sent out a survey and the answers have been collated. Pretty bizarre reasoning on some, but I'll let you be the judge.

1. Most important part of making a CGC purchase is

a. The lowest price 60%

b. A fair price from reputable seller with services like PAYPAL etc.

c. Finding the comic I really want 40%

d. Other ( explain if you wish)

2. I ... ( check up to 2 answers )

a. Don't want to lose money when I sell my CGC comcs. 100%

b. Don't care if I lose money when I sell my CGC comics. 20%

c. Expect to break even if I sell my CGC comics. 20%

d. Expect to make a profit when I sell my CGC comics. 60%

3. I like to collect CGC comics because: ( select those that apply)

a. I like the way comics look in the frames and the certified guarantee. 75%

b. I like the protection the frames offer 15%

c. I like to own the very best. 15%

d. All of above 75%

e Other

4.. If I purchased an expensive CGC comic from a dealer and it was sold the following week by the same dealer at 1/2 price,

a. I'd be upset. 100%

b. it would not matter to me.

5. I understand the Price Integrity Program and

a. think it is a good idea 15%

b. think it is a bad idea

c. don't know 15%

d. not important to me 30%

e. don't understand it at all. 30%

Make any comments you wish here:

BTW, the Price Integrity Program is basically price fixing, ending auctions early, etc. and not selling for anything lower than a large profit margin.

lol, some of the answers for his survey seem a bit..off? Who would answer #2 with "I want to lose money when selling CGC comics"? Or #4, "here's hoping the book I just purchased is worth far less then I paid for it!".

The answer to #3 is pretty interesting..evidentally no1 said they liked it due to the independant grading and "knowing" what you're getting?

Brian

What was the sample size? Something's missing here...either only 6 or 7 people filled out the survey, or the percentages are incomplete. Also, the answers to #2 indicate somebody said that they didn't want to lose money when they sell their CGC books, but yet they don't care if they lose money? confused.gif I think ole RJ is trying to justify his shady selling practices with some bogus poll information...he needs to take a class in statistics!

You could also be a talking turtle avatar...this would be like me starting a poll asking who your favorite team was - The Baghdad Badguys, Osama's Ben Laudin', or the Gators?