• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel: ground zero for the DC Comics universe

44 posts in this topic

Man of Steel: ground zero for the DC Comics universe

Since this is talking beyond the current Man of Steel movie, and more about the creative roadmap ahead.

Goyer, the man currently charged with planning Warner's answer to The Avengers, has at least cleared up the small matter of Batman's future in the new, post-Man of Steel DC universe. In an interview with HeyUGuys website, he revealed that Bruce Wayne is around – eagle-eyed filmgoers may have noted the Wayne Enterprises logo on a satellite near the end of the movie – but this is an all-new Dark Knight with no connection to Christopher Nolan's version of the character.

Goyer seems like their new writing savior.

And there is the key decision point for DC.

The studio should hold its horses on Justice League and give us a decent run of movies featuring the new Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and yes, even Aquaman and the Flash. Otherwise, they're going to need a creative team with genuine superpowers to pull this one off.

The studio should hold its horses on Justice League and give us a decent run of movies featuring the new Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and yes, even Aquaman and the Flash. Otherwise, they're going to need a creative team with genuine superpowers to pull this one off.

WB should do a "World's Finest" movie. Use it to show Clark fully established as a Daily Planet reporter and to introduce the new (Justice League) Batman.

Something to do with WayneTech and Luxcorp, where Bruce shows up in Metropolis. Maybe toss in small cameos, hints and mentions of other (future) League members.

Take some hints from how Bruce Timm pulled it off in the animated series. Get on with it. Otherwise WB will be at it a decade before getting to a Justice League movie, each step being another chance to kill off the project.

WB should do a "World's Finest" movie. Use it to show Clark fully established as a Daily Planet reporter and to introduce the new (Justice League) Batman.

Something to do with WayneTech and Luxcorp, where Bruce shows up in Metropolis. Maybe toss in small cameos, hints and mentions of other (future) League members.

Take some hints from how Bruce Timm pulled it off in the animated series. Get on with it. Otherwise WB will be at it a decade before getting to a Justice League movie, each step being another chance to kill off the project.

I always appreciated that World's Finest fan trailer posted on Youtube for years. I think that is a fantastic idea!

And you are so right. DC's animated movies have been amazing, including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern First Flight and JLA New Frontier. I do not get bored with those films.

:cloud9:

I always appreciated that World's Finest fan trailer posted on Youtube for years. I think that is a fantastic idea!

And you are so right. DC's animated movies have been amazing, including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern First Flight and JLA New Frontier. I do not get bored with those films.

:cloud9:

A World's Finest movie would be a better... and quicker... lead up to the JLA movie that WB desperately wants to make.

Would Sups & Bats go after a united Joker/Luthor villain team or would they concentrate on one villain. Darkseid comes to mind so they could do the story arc that all the JLA movie rumors are alluding to. hm

:whee:

I was surprised how much I liked the "Justice League" in "Smallville." Not everyone needs their own movie to be introduced properly. It worked well enough for Agent Barton and the Black Widow to be introduced in others' movies.

A World's Finest movie would be a better... and quicker... lead up to the JLA movie that WB desperately wants to make.

Would Sups & Bats go after a united Joker/Luthor villain team or would they concentrate on one villain. Darkseid comes to mind so they could do the story arc that all the JLA movie rumors are alluding to. hm

Man of Steel established tension between Clark and the military, so a "World's Finest" movie could expand on that. Rouge elements within the military misappropriate and weaponize some WayneTech. Maybe Clark and Bruce are conducting separate investigations that intersect.

Maybe Darksied is the one who destroyed all those Kryptonian outposts throughout the cosmos, mentioned in Man Of Steel. And now he's eyeballing earth after all the Kryptonian activity there, funneling super-tech to haters in the military. Laying groundwork for annihilation.

There's a hundred different ways they could play off plot-elements in Man Of Steel, making World's Finest a middle chapter, then Justice League concluding a trilogy.

Once their (DC) universe is laid out they could do all manor of solo movies to broaden the scope.

Man of Steel established tension between Clark and the military, so a "World's Finest" movie could expand on that. Rouge elements within the military misappropriate and weaponize some WayneTech. Maybe Clark and Bruce are conducting separate investigations that intersect.

Maybe Darksied is the one who destroyed all those Kryptonian outposts throughout the cosmos, mentioned in Man Of Steel. And now he's eyeballing earth after all the Kryptonian activity there, funneling super-tech to haters in the military. Laying groundwork for annihilation.

There's a hundred different ways they could play off plot-elements in Man Of Steel, making World's Finest a middle chapter, then Justice League concluding a trilogy.

Once their (DC) universe is laid out they could do all manor of solo movies to broaden the scope.

:applause:

:eek:

It would be nice if a comic book company savior had a background in comic books. I know. But for now, he wears the cape for DC's movie writing crew.

As much as I would love a great Justice League movie and a DC answer to Marvel's Avengers series I just don't see it being as successful and not near as good.

IMO the A list DC characters do not translate as well to the big screen like Marvel characters do. DC needs that RDJ actor to headline and when RR flopped as Green Lantern it really messed things up. I'm hoping I am wrong and they can figure out something but DC is missing that "it" actor that bring it all together like RDJ does with comedy, smarts and swagger for Marvel. If he quits that is it for Marvel's huge successes I would bet. That and the characters not named Batman and Superman are rather bland compared to the Marvel characters except for Captain America as he is just a guy running around with a shield basically.

:eek:

It would be nice if a comic book company savior had a background in comic books. I know. But for now, he wears the cape for DC's movie writing crew.

Not sure what you mean. Goyer worked a lot in comics from 1998-2003. I first became aware of him when he joined James Robinson on Starman #48-60.