• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage internet auction..Bethlehem's

15 posts in this topic

Ticks me off as I was winning some of them. 893frustrated.gif

Yeah, I know that once the Bump happened I wouldn't be winning any of them. But there were one or two that I probably would have won (since it seems that the Reserve is somewhere near guide plus slabbing cost).

True 'nuff, I really can't understand why so many people consign to heritage. Unless you've got a mega-key that people are absolute clamoring for, it seems to me you'd do better on comiclink, ebay, or metro's site (I think their consignment fee is 10%, but I could be wrong).

True 'nuff, I really can't understand why so many people consign to heritage. Unless you've got a mega-key that people are absolute clamoring for, it seems to me you'd do better on comiclink, ebay, or metro's site (I think their consignment fee is 10%, but I could be wrong).

I think consignment on Metro is 15% but I thought Vincent once said if you were a forum user he would make it 10%...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=comicgen&Number=402958&Forum=All_Forums&Words=consignment&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=398488&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=935&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=4&oldertype=w&bodyprev=#Post402958

Don't forget PedigreeComics is only 8%.

acclaim.gif

I believe both the Comiclink and especially Pedigree.com sites tend to specialize more in the SA and BA end of the market as opposed to the GA. As a result, you may miss a lot of your potential market if you are consigning GA books which Heritage seems to specialize more in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't forget PedigreeComics is only 8%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe both the Comiclink and especially Pedigree.com sites tend to specialize more in the SA and BA end of the market as opposed to the GA. As a result, you may miss a lot of your potential market if you are consigning GA books which Heritage seems to specialize more in.

I would agree with that, assuming you REALLY want to sell the book regardless of price. The beauty of the Consignment sites or even a dealer of accepts consignments, is you pick a high price and work downward. If it takes three months to get the price you want, there's no cost until the sale.

I'm also pretty sure that some of the bigger consignors to Heritage, don't pay the full (if any) sellers commission. They even say in their article that was in one of the monthly Overstreet reviews, that one of the first things they do is discuss the "rates". Therefore, whoever is selling all these Bethlehem books (which I believe many were on ComicLink ungraded about a year ago), is probably only giving away the Buyers Commissions.