• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you still have this book? Let me lowball you an offer.

49 posts in this topic

One of my retailer friends got very annoyed with a customer once. The guy kept asking if he could have an item half off. My friend tore the item in half and said "Which half do you want?"

DG

Boy I bet that really showed the customer. :screwy:

At some point it becomes disrespectful to keep asking after you've already gotten your answer. The customer got the hint that his offer was an insult. At no point was he desperate for the sale or the guy's money. He made that very clear. I admire the point he made. I think he was also helping other customers and the guy kept interrupting.

DG

i think i know who did that hm

I threw out a lowball offer to a member today, expecting a counter-offer and instead he accepted it, telling me he was prepared to let it go much cheaper.

So I got the book I wanted, at the price I wanted to pay, but feel screwed.

here you go Keldog, just read this link, I am sure plenty of people on here know who this guy is, you might as well, and I am linking something you have already read before, but if not, next time he lowballs you, you can have some fun with them

http://www.27bslash6.com/sold.html

That is defenitly one of the better pages the internet has to offer.

I threw out a lowball offer to a member today, expecting a counter-offer and instead he accepted it, telling me he was prepared to let it go much cheaper.

So I got the book I wanted, at the price I wanted to pay, but feel screwed.

Sounds perfect

One of my retailer friends got very annoyed with a customer once. The guy kept asking if he could have an item half off. My friend tore the item in half and said "Which half do you want?"

DG

Boy I bet that really showed the customer. :screwy:

At some point it becomes disrespectful to keep asking after you've already gotten your answer. The customer got the hint that his offer was an insult. At no point was he desperate for the sale or the guy's money. He made that very clear. I admire the point he made. I think he was also helping other customers and the guy kept interrupting.

DG

i think i know who did that hm

It was Dan (Rest in Peace)

DG

here you go Keldog, just read this link, I am sure plenty of people on here know who this guy is, you might as well, and I am linking something you have already read before, but if not, next time he lowballs you, you can have some fun with them

http://www.27bslash6.com/sold.html

That is defenitly one of the better pages the internet has to offer.

and this was one of the best threads he ever did

Why does one have to apologize for low balling? Should someone be sorry for only wanting to pay a certain price? They have no more reason to apologize than the seller for rejecting the low ball offer

There's lowballers, and there's looooowballers. I remember when I was selling an X-Men #94 CGC 9.0 on here, and one guy offered me $125 for it. Then he offered me $130. He kept up with the PM'ing, until Nik (RIP, brother) came along and offered me just below FMV, with a raw mid-grade copy signed under the indicia by John Byrne thrown in. Nik was good like that, and I still have that book.

What's funny was that when I told him about the lowballer, he knew who it was in one guess. I was still kind of new to the boards at the time, but he treated me like a friend & colleague. That particular transaction with the lowballing almost soured me on these boards before I even really got started. If it weren't for Nik, I probably wouldn't still be here.

gman?

lol