• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction bidding

30 posts in this topic

I would concur with Johnny 545, it looks like the high bidder backed out. EJR
typically if high bidder backs out an auction house offers to the underbidder, right? West...we're you offered the book (I will assume no , based on this thread). Now I have no idea what book or what auction but I would disagree with it being high bidder back out, based on this observation. hm

this is a very serious charge.......do not be so vague...show us the EVIDENCE

LET US JUDGE FOR OURSELVES....

Who is being vague? His points are pretty clear and even if he made up a name what does it matter in your final observation of what was presented? Book was sold at auction with no reserve, he was out bid but it somehow appears back on the website for sale at a fixed price. Seems pretty odd to me.

AGAIN...the auction is public record...simply put out the information for us to judge....we can handle it........we will judge if it looks shady......just report the facts and let us draw our own conclusion.

If this practice occurred, it needs to be addressed by this fourm. This would not be the first nor the last time anything like this can happen.

I just would like to see the evidence......

Mitch do you know anyone who would win auctions and not pay? :popcorn:

AGAIN...the auction is public record...simply put out the information for us to judge....we can handle it........we will judge if it looks shady......just report the facts and let us draw our own conclusion.

If this practice occurred, it needs to be addressed by this fourm. This would not be the first nor the last time anything like this can happen.

I just would like to see the evidence......

Mitch do you know anyone who would win auctions and not pay? :popcorn:

I know a few people who shall remain nameless. Even if you do pay that does not mean anything just look at the ha.com retreads from the tando or whatever corp. :golfclap:

Unless there is evidence of a dealer bidding in his own auction, one shouldn't automatically assume that is happening. The San Francisco copy of Adventure #90 did sell a couple of years ago in a CC no reserve auction at a very fair price. EJR

Comic Connect sold the Adventure #90 CGC 9.4 San Francisco copy for $2200 in Dec 2011 and it is the highest single graded copy. This is much less than the CGC 9.2 Adventure #90 Church copy that was sold for $4025 in Oct. 2002. EJR

No one has ever claimed that the auction houses shill every single item in every single auction. That would be an expression of ultimate foolishness.

The apparent fact that one pedigree book wasn't shilled doesn't preclude the possibility (probability) that another pedigree book was.

I wish that I could be as naïve and trusting, but decades of experience dealing with this particular entity has taught me otherwise.

No one has ever claimed that the auction houses shill every single item in every single auction. That would be an expression of ultimate foolishness.

The apparent fact that one pedigree book wasn't shilled doesn't preclude the possibility (probability) that another pedigree book was.

I wish that I could be as naïve and trusting, but decades of experience dealing with this particular entity has taught me otherwise.

Steve, I agree that the possibility is there in West's particular situation and with every auction where you don't know who you are bidding against. Ebay used to be one of the auction houses where you knew exactly who you were bidding against. EJR