• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E Gerber

13 posts in this topic

:o I can't find it in search results either...also, www.egerber.com no longer works....disturbing, since I've ordered a buttload of product straight from them in the past. I poked around a bit, and looks like E Gerber is owned by a company called Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. On Diamond's website ( here ), looks like it takes some sort of "retailer account" to order E Gerber products now...also found a page ( here ) that indicates Diamond just moved their home office yesterday. Was there just a regime shift...did they just close off the direct sales channel (perhaps because of complaints from retailers.... hm )? If I get bored at work later today, maybe I'll call the Diamond contact number and ask....

As Ed pointed out, the Diamond corporate offices are moving to a new location. The Gerber warehouse was (the last time I checked) not in the same building as corporate, but it's possible that they're moving as well.

My guess is that the move has everything in flux at the moment. Not sure if the phones are down, too, but here's the old number:

410-944-4200

Just called them and the familiar voice of the woman that takes the orders answered. She wasn't aware the website was not reachable and has already received a call or 2 about it. I told her she may want to check with their webmaster to let them know but it's probably managed by Diamond or a 3rd party contractor and they're probably performing maintenance. She said they are not moving and are available to take orders by phone and from the sounds of the background are still cranking out mylars and boards. Since all orders are done via phone anyway, it should come as little surprise that they won't notice much that their website is down. Kinda makes me realize the beauty of their model since they aren't wholly dependent on an ecommerce site for business. Inconvenient for us little guys but not at the mercy of hackers, cyberextortionists, or the occasional outage. Feel free to place your orders via phone: 410-944-4200.

Their domain is hosted by Network Solutions and they use Diamond's mail and dns. The ip address that the website points to is hosted in a local Baltimore data center. Coincidentally, it is one that I have used in the past with zero problems as far as routing and power.

I have no inside knowledge other than what I can scrape from a public ip address, but if I had to guess I would say that the server they were on was modified without their knowledge.

It would appear eGerber themselves focus on the product and have had little to do with the site. Hopefully, they get it resolved quickly.

I always preferred ordering straight from the source. Never had any problem, and the prices were the cheapest I'd found. I hope they still sell to the little man.

Somehow this seems to always be lost in the conversation or mis-understood.

Other than not being able to place an order via web (which is a relatively small issue IMO), I see no problem at all with Gerber.

I always preferred ordering straight from the source. Never had any problem, and the prices were the cheapest I'd found. I hope they still sell to the little man.

Somehow this seems to always be lost in the conversation or mis-understood.

Other than not being able to place an order via web (which is a relatively small issue IMO), I see no problem at all with Gerber.

Unless Hotflips is having one of their long awaited discounted sales thread :)

The Gemstone Publishing site is down as well.

Which sucks because I ordered something from them 7 weeks ago.

After 4 weeks it hadn't shipped, so I asked for a refund, which they said they'd send.

It's been 3 weeks, and no refund, and now the website has vanished.

Hotflips are good guys and their prices are decent if you are picking up. So is board member Grinin. I ordered from Grinin and it was the best price around :

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=14313