• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the farmer to do?

53 posts in this topic

It is always nice to see good well-meaning comic collecting folk arguing.

:popcorn:

I think the :popcorn: is a registered trademark of RMA. You owe him 20cents. :grin:

(Dang it, now I do too!) :sorry:

Here you go RMA:

2c2c2c2c2c2c2c2c2c2c

Now is that 2c 10x or 10 times....

I agree, if there was a point to this thread it was distracted by using two different terms in the same sentence that would give vastly different results. Obviously as stated by many of you, the term "percent" means "per 100" so 1000% in this case would be ten times. Honestly when I first read it, I just assumed it was another thread on the poor underpaid worker as was expressed in one of the Water Cooler threads.

Give us the answer Shadroch :D

I agree, if there was a point to this thread it was distracted by using two different terms in the same sentence that would give vastly different results. Obviously as stated by many of you, the term "percent" means "per 100" so 1000% in this case would be ten times. Honestly when I first read it, I just assumed it was another thread on the poor underpaid worker as was expressed in one of the Water Cooler threads.

Give us the answer Shadroch :D

The answer is 4.

Farmer Brown has a field, and he has seeds. He used to plant the seeds, tend them , harvest them and sell the grown produce to a guy from the city for $10 a pound. That man would drive out, pick up the products drive them back to the city and sell them for $15 a pound. One of this man clients bought a lot of stuff off the truck and would prepare the goods using a secret recipe and then let them age six to eight months. If properly prepared, he can get as much as $100 for a single pound.

Father Brown gets tired of seeing the end results of his sweat and blood being sold for 1000%

what he is getting for it, when he is the one doing most of the work.

He ventures into the city, takes some photos of the prepared foods selling for $100 a pound and decides that since his goods will eventually sell for $100, he might as well charge $50 now.

Anyone see a flaw in his business plan?

WWSFD?*

*What would SadFan do

Farmer Brown has a field, and he has seeds. He used to plant the seeds, tend them , harvest them and sell the grown produce to a guy from the city for $10 a pound. That man would drive out, pick up the products drive them back to the city and sell them for $15 a pound. One of this man clients bought a lot of stuff off the truck and would prepare the goods using a secret recipe and then let them age six to eight months. If properly prepared, he can get as much as $100 for a single pound.

Father Brown gets tired of seeing the end results of his sweat and blood being sold for 1000%

He ventures into the city, takes some photos of the prepared foods selling for $100 a pound and decides that since his goods will eventually sell for $100, he might as well charge $50 now.

WWSFD?*

*What would SadFan do

:cry:

Farmer Brown has become greedy, and will price himself out of the seed market.

The other two men will go look for a new cheaper farmer which will put Farmer Brown`s business on life support.

This decision by Farmer Brown will probally put him out of business as word will get around that he charges very high prices for seeds.