• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish 13/ PLANET X

239 posts in this topic

So I have an opportunity to buy a 8.0 Tales of Astonish 13 but not sure what would be too much to pay for it. Would just be buying to resell due to movie hype (first appearance Groot).

Any thoughts what GPA will end up yielding on this book?

:gossip:If you change the date on your computer, you can get future GPA data.

Folks have paid $2600 for a 7.0 so $4000 for an 8.0 isn't out of the question mathematically speaking. Finding someone to pony up those dollars, well... That's another story.

folks overpaid IMO. I paid 2850 for a 8.5 strange tales 89 six months ago and that's easily the better book IMHO. Much better cover, much better story, IMO better character, and comparable rarity.

There was also a 8.5 astonish 13 sold not that long ago for a lot less than the 7.0 price you are talking about, just a few months ago (privately).

It could be that speculators like the OP have spiked the price temporarily but as a long term play, a 7.0 for $2600? I hate it. That's comparable to the value of a FF5. Dr Doom? Or Groot? :screwy: Hg copies are scarce but 7.0 isn't high enough to pay a premium.

Hg starts at 8.0 in this era. I'd feel like I was overpaying :sick: at 2500 on a 8.0, let alone on a 7.0 :screwy:

Folks have paid $2600 for a 7.0 so $4000 for an 8.0 isn't out of the question mathematically speaking. Finding someone to pony up those dollars, well... That's another story.

folks overpaid IMO. I paid 2850 for a 8.5 strange tales 89 six months ago and that's easily the better book IMHO. Much better cover, much better story, IMO better character, and comparable rarity.

There was also a 8.5 astonish 13 sold not that long ago for a lot less than the 7.0 price you are talking about, just a few months ago (privately).

It could be that speculators like the OP have spiked the price temporarily but as a long term play, a 7.0 for $2600? I hate it. That's comparable to the value of a FF5. Dr Doom? Or Groot? :screwy: Hg copies are scarce but 7.0 isn't high enough to pay a premium.

Hg starts at 8.0 in this era. I'd feel like I was overpaying :sick: at 2500 on a 8.0, let alone on a 7.0

Movie hype knows no bounds. I personally wouldn't pay that much for a tta13. I just bought a gd/vg a few weeks ago for $80. But I know folks out there will pay $400-500 for that book in that grade. :insane:

80 is perfectly reasonable, even a little more. But 500 :screwy: ? As you say that has to be hype driven only. I can't see organic demand at anywhere near that price point. I think ppl who overpay now might get stuck though

Hg starts at 8.0 in this era. I'd feel like I was overpaying :sick: at 2500 on a 8.0, let alone on a 7.0 :screwy:

+1 on all this, particularly the last sentence.

Its a good book at $100 for a VG/Gd but beyond that its crazy. There a VG one on Ebay right now thats at about $400 with a day to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-TO-ASTONISH-13-1ST-APP-GROOT-Rare-GAURDIANd-OF-THE-GALAXY-/321148615455?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ac5f2fb1f

Sure isn't a VG+. Maybe a VG-. But, my goodness--$400?? Movie hype madness!

MY BRANCHES ARE SMOKING, SOMEONE MUST BE TALKING ABOUT ME!!!!!

tta13_zps75a6b242.jpg

lol I was debating outing you as the owner of the 8.5! lol thanks for taking away the temptation ;)

Its a good book at $100 for a VG/Gd but beyond that its crazy. There a VG one on Ebay right now thats at about $400 with a day to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-TO-ASTONISH-13-1ST-APP-GROOT-Rare-GAURDIANd-OF-THE-GALAXY-/321148615455?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ac5f2fb1f

Sure isn't a VG+. Maybe a VG-. But, my goodness--$400?? Movie hype madness!

Groot is only the 2nd best monster from Planet X, btw!

4811-2007-5236-1-tales-of-suspense_super.jpg