• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish 13/ PLANET X

239 posts in this topic

Ok someone has to be thick.

I nominate myself...Groot is supposed to be in which movie?

Groot has been used by Marvel as a member of the new team of the Guardians of the Galaxy: him, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Star Lord and someone other I think…

Not that it makes much sense, if you ask me, but also the Raccoon has been turned into a sort of sanguinary warmonger… :P

Thanks!

So I have an opportunity to buy a 8.0 Tales of Astonish 13 but not sure what would be too much to pay for it. Would just be buying to resell due to movie hype (first appearance Groot).

Any thoughts what GPA will end up yielding on this book?

:gossip:If you change the date on your computer, you can get future GPA data.

I do not see an 8.0 on the CGC census? (shrug)

However, there is this one. :acclaim:

photo TALESASTONISH13_zps79b91c52.jpg

photo KGrHqNHJFIFCNeSyN9OBQtQWPnZlQ60_57_zps731c747a.jpg

This thread needs more pictures of the comic. Do you guys have it or not?

Here is mine.

013_Tales_To_Astonish_raw_zps180b160a.png

I did a quick reread of the comic. Evidently, "all wood is drawn to Groot". Scary stuff. His plan was to have trees surround the people, grow their roots underneath them like a net and fly them to Planet X and experiment on them. There wasn't a lot of thought about the people suffocating on the flight, nor was there a good explanation to how normal trees are going to fly. For all the fear and horror he instilled, he was defeated with termites. For me this was not one of the better pre-hero monsters.

DG

I've always found this to be one of the tougher TTAs in decent shape, I've never owned a copy. I've seen several for sale, but the ask price always seemed high to me and obviously has gotten worse lately.

He's a wood magnet? lol too rich!!

I havent read the story but to me one of the most awkward covers of the era. Does have the 1st app going for it but its not a comic I personally get excited about

It's a biggie for me.

I've said before that Hulk annual #5 was my gateway drug into pre-hero, so all of those 1st appearances were huge targets for me. Also, for whatever reason, a friend and I have a tree that we've called Groot since the 70s, so the name has been kept alive.

Anyway, big soft-spot for Ol' Grootabega.

It's a biggie for me.

I've said before that Hulk annual #5 was my gateway drug into pre-hero, so all of those 1st appearances were huge targets for me. Also, for whatever reason, a friend and I have a tree that we've called Groot since the 70s, so the name has been kept alive.

you know, you've inspired me to buy a hulk annual 5. Off to ebay I go.

So I have an opportunity to buy a 8.0 Tales of Astonish 13 but not sure what would be too much to pay for it. Would just be buying to resell due to movie hype (first appearance Groot).

Any thoughts what GPA will end up yielding on this book?

:gossip:If you change the date on your computer, you can get future GPA data.

I do not see an 8.0 on the CGC census? (shrug)

However, there is this one. :acclaim:

photo TALESASTONISH13_zps79b91c52.jpg

photo KGrHqNHJFIFCNeSyN9OBQtQWPnZlQ60_57_zps731c747a.jpg

Pimp! At the prices mentioned in this thread that's worth about 4 million dollars :ohnoez:

It's a biggie for me.

you know, you've inspired me to buy a hulk annual 5. Off to ebay I go.

I think I was already initiated into the monsters with "Where Monster's Dwell" and "Monsters on the Prowl", but I highly recommend Hulk Annual #5.

DG

I think I just scored a mid grade copy of TTA 13 for an unbelievable price!

This would be my first pre hero purchase ever. I'm excited! :banana:

Nice! Post it here, please!

...and then give up your source. :baiting: