• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AAAARGH MY FACE! - Black Cat Mystery #50 CGC 1.5 $425 Shipped!

21 posts in this topic

Classic horror cover comin' up!

No probies, hosers or otherwise shady people. Pricing includes shipping. International shipping will be via Priority Mail at cost. Payment made within 3 days via Paypal unless arrangements are made before posting your "I'll Take It".

:takeit: Rules the day over PMs.

And don't forget, every purchase receives the famous:

4stars.jpg

Black Cat #50 - classic cover

$425 SHIPPED International Priority Mail and Insurance at cost.

This book is stupidly hard-to-find and when it shows up, everyone goes bananas over it. I'd been tracking this book for two years before I was able to find one, and FR/GD raw copies go for $350, so this is a fair graded price IMHO. Presents well, there are no folds, bends or flaws in the main part of the image, no scribbling or anything else that detracts from the cover art.

IMPORTANT: THIS BOOK HAS BEEN GRADED UNDER CGC's NEW TAPE RULES. I will include a redacted copy of my CGC invoice to show it was submitted after the May 3rd deadline as proof in case you have to resell the book. I did this on purpose so that buyers would not have to guess at what the grade *might* be when considering the new CGC guidelines for tape. It probably cost me money in the long run, but I'd rather have my book graded correctly. (shrug)

HIgh resolution images of the pictures below can be seen in this folder.

IMG_0959_WEB.jpg

IMG_0961_WEB.jpg

IMG_0963_WEB.jpg

IMG_0965_WEB.jpg

IMG_0967_WEB.jpg

IMG_0969_WEB.jpg

Dude, that is such a sick cover...wow. I'm not big on GA horror but this book could make a man change his mind.

I know - it's kinda awesome. That's why I went after it, and I really didn't do much GA stuff at all. The art on it is amazing. It'd look good in your sig line! :baiting:

Great book!

Dr. B, was this the book you mentioned in the tape thread earlier?

Yep - this is the one. I think the tape knocked it down a full grade. I was thinking it was a 2.5 before tape, and was hoping a 1.8 after the new guidelines - but 1.5 seems right.

Great book!

Dr. B, was this the book you mentioned in the tape thread earlier?

Yep - this is the one. I think the tape knocked it down a full grade. I was thinking it was a 2.5 before tape, and was hoping a 1.8 after the new guidelines - but 1.5 seems right.

That's really interesting... thanks for the information.

FWIW, I agree with your pre-sub / pre-CGC 513 grade of 2.5. (thumbs u

I am not annoyed by tape, as long as it prevents books to fall apart (I mean if the tape is already there, I don’t put it in comics).

The book looks nice, I wonder how it would have been treated if instead of tape there was glue?

Best luck! (thumbs u

And if the glue is a very small amount instead? I seem to recall having seen a number of GA books with "small amount of glue on spine" or the like on the label.

Or maybe I was daydreaming? hm

Anyway, I did not mean to derail the Doc sale: apologies! :foryou:

And if the glue is a very small amount instead? I seem to recall having seen a number of GA books with "small amount of glue on spine" or the like on the label.

A very small amount of glue is permissible on a blue label.

No prob! Keeps bumping my thread up anyhow. (thumbs u

I loved Rupp's thread title so much, I had to swipe it.