• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like she's cranking back up - Stroudsburg, PA Frazetta museum!

24 posts in this topic

Yeah and while he's at it, I suggest he distribute pamphlets around the surrounding area. It was quite surreal not seeing any material in the hotel or even a road sign. It is quite a hard place to locate.

After the family fiasco, I must admit I can't believe the news! I mean I am terribly happy but after everything that went down, I can't believe the other siblings agreed to this arrangement. I hope Frank jr . makes his father very happy and GOD bless him! I hope the museum will remain open for generations to come as it was originally intended.

Maybe we'll get up there again in a few years. It was quite an experience

Edited by Niblos!

I read the opening is delayed until next year because of renovations etc., etc.

"The museum was scheduled to reopen in late 2013, but due to the necessary upgrades and repairs it will reluctantly have to wait until early next spring."

It's weird cause I had read something about Robert Rodriguez starting a Frazetta museum down in Texas. Glad it's going to remain on the beautiful family estate.

Edited by Niblos!

"The museum was scheduled to reopen in late 2013, but due to the necessary upgrades and repairs it will reluctantly have to wait until early next spring."

..... wouldn't it be nice if about 50 of us showed up for the opening..... you know, a real show of support...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... wouldn't it be nice if about 50 of us showed up for the opening..... you know, a real show of support...... GOD BLESS....

I am in!

--Jim

.... it would certainly be loads of fun. If anyone from this area wants to drive up and stay the night....... Judy and I would foot the gas for both ways.... GOD BLESS...

It's weird cause I had read something about Robert Rodriguez starting a Frazetta museum down in Texas. Glad it's going to remain on the beautiful family estate.

I believe the art collection is still split up. The museum in PA is only going to house Jr's collection. Robert Rodriguez is trying to make the Austin based museum to house the rest of the collection (including some of his personal collection)

Only Jr.'s collection will be in Pa.? None of his fathers art will be displayed?

Very few could care less about Jr's personal art. But he does own some of his father's pieces as part of his collection.

It seems like Rodriguez' version of the museum will have the best quality art.

Only Jr.'s collection will be in Pa.? None of his fathers art will be displayed?

Very few could care less about Jr's personal art. But he does own some of his father's pieces as part of his collection.

It seems like Rodriguez' version of the museum will have the best quality art.

:o

Oh well...

Looks like I missed out again :cry:

I'm at work, so I haven't had time to research if this is opening is a one-shot or a long-term thing . Anyone know or attended this?

http://frazettaartmuseum.com

Frazetta Museum reopens on May 17th and 18th 2014

Frazetta Museum reopens on May 17th and 18th 2014

New look of the museum gives you another perspective on the personal life of Mr. Frazetta. Half of the museum content will be rare and unseen family photos, art, cameras, personal collections, ect. Home movies, wedding albums, Sinatra records and classical as well. (Click Here)

After nearly five years, the Frazetta Art Museum will be opening once again. (Myself), Frank Frazetta JR and my wife Lori are now the sole owners of the estate property located in Pennsylvania, in the heart of the Pocono Mountains.

“We are working diligently to meet our anticipated opening date of Saturday and Sunday, May 17th and 18th, 2014.” From 10 am - 5pm.

The weeks following will have our extended summer hours which are Thursday thru Sunday, 10am - 4 pm.

Our opening weekend of the 17th and 18th, will have complimentary food and beverages on hand as a tribute to the fans. Admission on these two days will be what ever you would like to contribute towards the preservation of the art museum.

Admission will be $15 year round for ages 12 and up. Children 12 and under will be $10.

My parents always expressed their gratitude for the fans loyalty and support over the years which helped make her dream become a reality. Mrs. Frazetta stated, “An artist is as popular as his fan base and the museum was built as a tribute to them which made it all possible“.

She was able to generate enough revenue over the course of forty years to build a third structure, the beautiful Spanish style museum.

Nearly every patron leaving the museum would say there is nothing like standing directly in front of a Frazetta original. In comparison, the reproduced work in books doesn’t capture the vibrant colors and textures of the original artwork. But my father was the exception, working closely with the publishers printer, with Jim Warrens Creepy and Eerie series back in the 1960’s, when no one else cared one iota about the finished product. He had a passion for detail and wanted the true colors reproduced on the books and magazine covers that his art deserved.

Frazetta boys 1961 and portrait of Ellie

Frazetta boys 1961 and portrait of Ellie

View of the open gallery

Close friend Dominic Aradio helps structure the museum layout

Close friend Dominic Aradio helps structure the museum layout (Click Here) (DIRECTIONS >>)

A 12 gauge shotgun Frank engraved back in the 1970's

Though I’ve watched my father paint ever since a young boy, in other words for about 50 years, it never grew old to witness the amazing gift he possessed with anything he chose to do. Whether oils, pencil or pen and ink, he could apply the magical touch that few others were capable of doing.

This is the third museum and the most deserving of his Legacy. It is also the most convenient and accessible for our patrons from around the country. With just a short 90 minute trip from New York and Philadelphia, you can view most of his Master works on the Museum walls where it was originally intended to be seen by the fans; and where better suited to have it proudly displayed than the place my father created it, than across the yard from his studio home in Pennsylvania.

The museum resides and overlooks our private lake set at the base of the rolling hills on our 67 acre estate.

Though anytime of year is wonderful to visit us, October is one of the most beautiful times as the autumn colors are breathtaking with their vibrant, orange, red, and purple foliage covering the surrounding hills of the estate property. The fall colors enchant your spirit, as well as enjoying your day at the Frazetta Art Museum. Whether your a Frazetta fan, or just an art aficionado, you owe it to yourself to visit the museum and see what a truly exceptional personality he was.

The museum will be set up unlike it formerly had been by Mrs. Frazetta. Personally, along with my wife Lori and son William, all recognized it should be more interactive for the fans liking. It will be laid out in chronological order, beginning with some of his earliest known pieces of art dating back to his childhood in 1933. Also, most of Mr. Frazettas private memorabilia will be set within the time frame it was used such as his baseball paraphernalia from his teenage years, the classical records that inspired him to create some of his greatest oil paintings, his extensive camera collection and golf clubs just to name a few personal items. I truly wanted the museum to be more personable, showing the fans who my father was behind the art. What he enjoyed in life other than sitting behind an easel and painting for a living. Art did not own him, it was simply a way for him to support his growing family starting in 1957. So if you enjoy reading, don’t forget to bring your reading glasses because there will be numerous articles and captions throughout the gallery for you to learn about the man behind the art.

Many of his supreme works will be on display, The Cat Girl, Silver Warrior, Reign of Wizardry, Death Dealer # 3 revised and Conan the Indomitable are just a handful of master works for you to view. All of his left hand oil paintings can be viewed along with a designated area focused solely to family portraits that some have been hanging on the walls in the Frazetta home for over 60 years. These are original works of art never viewed or reproduced for books which entitles the visitor to see art directly from the Frazetta’s private collection.

By focusing the theme of the museum on a more personal level, it makes your visit much more educational and of interest. By not only viewing most of his master works but to see things from his personal achieve that no one has ever seen before. I have on display unseen work, original comics, home movies and the first known crayon drawing he did in the early 1930’s. There were two Indian head pennies taped to the back of the small drawing that just may be the ones his grandmother gave him for inspiration and what had started his career to fame. Both Indian Head pennies were dated 1907 which implies the possibility grandma reached into her purse and gave him his first tidy paycheck for her gratitude to what he had created.

We have his first two oil paintings on display he did at age 8 and the last paintings he did left handed in the late 2000’s. On hand will also be the final Death Dealer painting, #7, that was never published to my knowledge. The Reign of Wizardry will be our focal point centered in the gallery on his easel with his palette, paints and brushes displayed exactly as they were when he did all his work. This will be an experience and new perspective to a mans life that few people have ever had the opportunity to be part of. It will be a compressed tour of his life and make you feel like you turned the clock back to his childhood and saw the progression of his talent and ability grow to become one of the finest illustrators’ of the 20th century. Yet through all the years of fame, my father stayed humble to himself and his family.

But our objective is to have the doors open by May 17th and 18th to greet the fans on what will be a very special day for all of us.

Sincerely yours,

The Frazetta Family