• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major acquisition for me! Something off my want list has appeared

32 posts in this topic

Every now and then things just fall into place. I have had a series of artwork that I am looking for posted in my signature line for a while. I actually purchased one off Heritage several years ago (Jungle Action 7). I was also contacted a few years back about another item so I know who owns it but they aren't interested in selling right now.

Over a recent weekend, I was contacted by Mr Thomas Fish who knew someone that had another page I was looking for (Batman 457 cover by Norm Breyfogle). Thanks to Thomas, I was able to secure the cover and it will be in my collection shortly. The scarecrow is my favorite Batman villain and I really like Norm's rendering on this particular cover.

To say I am happy would be an understatement. It is not often that you get a chance to purchase something you have been looking for a long time. A special shout out to Thomas for helping me close on this piece.

Here is the photo I got of the page which convinced me to buy the page. Once I have it in hand, I will scan it in and post a flat image.

bat457.jpg

Now if anyone can find me this, my collecting goals will be pretty complete.

detective_590s.gif

...who knew someone that had another page I was looking for (Batman 457 cover by Norm Breyfogle). Thanks to Thomas, I was able to secure the cover and it will be in my collection shortly.

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, was the previous owner aware of your interest?

the other Andrew

...who knew someone that had another page I was looking for (Batman 457 cover by Norm Breyfogle). Thanks to Thomas, I was able to secure the cover and it will be in my collection shortly.

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, was the previous owner aware of your interest?

the other Andrew

No idea

I like how you leave a piece and mark it as found and don't remove it from your list and replace it with a new one. My problem is I am always adding more. :(

Believe me, I have thought long and hard about replacing stuff but it is nice to see that stuff can be turned up and it helps me "keep the faith"