• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major acquisition for me! Something off my want list has appeared

32 posts in this topic

re 1st robin, what's the story? When I google 442 it says first robin, when I google 457 it says first robin. Some sort of technicality going on?

In #442, he puts on Jason Todd's old Robin costume and gets Alfred to drive him to help Batman & Nightwing against Two-Face. At the very end of the story, Batman, still reeling from the death of Jason Todd, relents and agrees to take Tim Drake under his wing. I haven't read all the issues, but, from what I gather, Drake appears several times out of costume between #443 and #456, and, in #457, Batman presents him with a revised Robin costume and officially sanctions him as Robin.

Given that he appears on the cover and in the story of #442 as Robin, though, I don't think anybody considers Drake's first appearance as Robin to be anything but this issue. #457 is really the first appearance of the updated Robin costume.

In #442, he puts on Jason Todd's old Robin costume and gets Alfred to drive him to help Batman & Nightwing against Two-Face. At the very end of the story, Batman, still reeling from the death of Jason Todd, relents and agrees to take Tim Drake under his wing. I haven't read all the issues, but, from what I gather, Drake appears several times out of costume between #443 and #456, and, in #457, Batman presents him with a revised Robin costume and officially sanctions him as Robin.

Given that he appears on the cover and in the story of #442 as Robin, though, I don't think anybody considers Drake's first appearance as Robin to be anything but this issue. #457 is really the first appearance of the updated Robin costume.

OMG Gene...

ogre-screaming-nerds-o.gif