• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bolland Killing Joke Art

76 posts in this topic

Hi Ze,

No, I don't have them framed at the present time, but I may do that. I tend to worry about the light yellowing them over time, and in a frame you won't be able to even notice that until you take it out.

You can get them framed with UV protective glass.

Like what is used in the Smithsonian, when they display framed documents.

Keeps out the ol' nasty, damaging UV rays...

They would just look so good, either framed separately, or as a pair, in one nicely matted double frame.

And I do hope a few pages are thrown your way, at a decent/fair price.

Good Luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-

Hi,

There's no comparison between pages from Camelot 3000 and Killing Joke, frankly. Bolland's interior pages are fairly cheap, except for Killing Joke. In general, his Animal Man covers go for between 2 and 4K. Certain other covers, including Camelot 3000, go for between 4 and 10K (from what I've heard), and Killing Joke pages go for between 10 and 16K currently. Actually, I've been offered over 20K in trade items for my first page, and I've even been offered a Romita Spidey cover under issue 100 (turned it down!). The price, I gather, is mostly because of what the Killing Joke means to our hobby, the fact that he did a terrific job on it, and the fact that it probably will always be his quintessential work. Even at the time he was drawing it, he knew this would be his legacy.

That's why I said the prices are comparable to Ditko Spidey pages. The most expensive Ditko Spidey page I've seen sell went for about 15K (panel page, of course).

Art is in the eye of the beholder ....who is to say for sure.

And who can put a price on art?, that has always been an enigma for me... pricing art.

foreheadslap.gif

What makes one painting worth $1,000, and another $35,000. confused-smiley-013.gif

As long as someone is willing to pay more then you are, then I guess that means it is worth that much?

Who knows...

I am only guessing,

I do think it is safe to say you made a wise investment, I cannot see how those pages will not hold their value over time, and if you can afford to buy them, then go for it. thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

I agree. As long as you're happy and comfortable with the amount you paid, who cares? Plus, as it has been said in this thread, the Killing Joke is his legacy, so will be the most sought-after and highly prized pieces of his work. I'm just jealous of the great pages! thumbsup2.gif

Hi,

Well, many of his Animal Man covers seem to have sold over the past two years. Some are still available, but most of the nicer ones are in collections now. Let me know if there's one you're particularly interested in, and I'll let you know if I've seen it around. I also have one in my collection, and I'd consider selling it now that I have my Bolland examples.

Best,

Actually, I've been offered over 20K in trade items for my first page, and I've even been offered a Romita Spidey cover under issue 100 (turned it down!).

That's alright, seeing as how you already own one of the top 3(IMO) Romita Spidey covers of all time!

(I'm not the type to get jealous over what other people have in their collections, but I'm extremely jealous of your ASM #75 cover, and Bill Woo's ASM #69 cover.)

Well, that's the exact reason I didn't trade it.... I already have my favorite Romita Spidey cover. But, had I not had one, I would have been VERY tempted.

Thanks for the compliments on my Romita Spidey cover. It's one of my favorite pieces, and definitely in my top three favorite Romita covers (aside from #50 and #39, that is). I love Bill's #69 too... have seen it in person at his house. But, I like the drama in mine.