• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #5 THREAD - LONG LIVE DOCTOR DOOM!!

104 posts in this topic

My copy I have seen the exact same grease pencil date mark on other FF 5's wonder if anyone has the 411 on this?

<a  href=039.jpg' alt='039.jpg'>

"4-10" stands for April 10 which was the on sale date the newsstand put the book out for customers to purchase. Grease pencils, graphite pencils, ink pens, and (my favorite) date stamps were all used to label the covers. So similar marking styles in same area could mean the book was from the same dealer, or just coincidence

this is all I have, as I squirm into the shadows after looking at that 9.0 :sorry:

I'll squirm into the shadows after the 6.0... (thumbs u

Here's my slabbed copy. I have a raw copy as well...

7229644444_bae8eb82af_b.jpg

Glad this thread got going - thanks to you all!

That 9.0 is lovely!

Aggiez - love your sig line! Awesome....

My copy I have seen the exact same grease pencil date mark on other FF 5's wonder if anyone has the 411 on this?

p><p> ..... I

-jimbo9a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:headbang:

i dont sell books, but i would swap for a similar book. i have the run from 4-57 all bought from the same stationary store in Northport Long Island. Most have the handwritten arrival date.

Okay, I am in.

My book has a bit of history as it is from the 'Uncle Stan Collection'

A run of silver age comics sent to to the UK in the 1960's by Stan Lee, to his nephew John.

In 1999 John Lieber wrote to Stan Lee requesting his blessing and permission to sell the comics.

Stans reply can be seen in the 2nd scan.

I bought about 10 books from this collection back in the day.

Here is my FF #5 with the cover letter from the auction.

FantasticFour5.jpgFF5COA.jpg

Okay, I am in.

A run of silver age comics sent to to the UK in the 1960's by Stan Lee, to his nephew John.

In 1999 John Lieber wrote to Stan Lee requesting his blessing and permission to sell the comics.

Cool book with a nice story!

A club I'm not yet in...and my wife and I are building a house so I'm not gonna get in any time soon either. It makes me very :cry: Then again, I will finally have a comic room/office so at least I'll have a place to put my other books. (thumbs u

Okay, I am in.

:o

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Okay, I am in.

This is definitely one of the coolest things I've seen on here in a while, thanks for sharing it!

I have a much loved mid grade raw copy that I'll try to take some pics of and add to the thread.