• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com "SCAMMER" thread

515 posts in this topic

Update:

My bank/ credit card company has reimbursed me the money from the original purchase. Thomas Neeley/ THOC has also sent me a series of texts - with 5 beginning last evening - it seems that he is more willing to communicate now after the treatment he received here on the board. As an BTW, it only took 18 days after my last text to him.

Thanks for the update. Glad you were made whole. I think part of the reason Thomas is willing to work with you might also be because of the chargeback. Bank attorneys are ferocious (even I am afraid of them lol) Chargeback for fraud (which is what I am guessing you told the CC company is what happened) usually brings the big boys out of the boardroom.

:( Sad day after a weekend of pure win from that thread.

Easily Thread of the Year winner.

seriously, is there an award for this? because this would have to win. Maybe thread of the decade or century.

Feels like we all were on a journey or fantastic voyage participating in that thread and watching it all unfold! :acclaim:

Someone say, "Fantastic Voyage" ?

Feels like we all were on a journey or fantastic voyage participating in that thread and watching it all unfold! :acclaim:

Someone say, "Fantastic Voyage" ?

As I was typing that I KNEW it! I just KNEW it! lol

:banana:

What happened, where and why?

It could not possibly get any funnier, everything was from "public domain"..

so why now?

Genuine question.

The obvious answer is....they wanted to clear the way for the "Fingh's Triumphant Return Thread".

It's like towing cars off of a parade route.

What happened, where and why?

It could not possibly get any funnier, everything was from "public domain"..

so why now?

Genuine question.

The obvious answer is....they wanted to clear the way for the "Fingh's Triumphant Return Thread".

It's like towing cars off of a parade route.

I haven't been this excited since I saw the Terminator 2 teaser trailer in the movie theater.

It was quite something.

Update:

My bank/ credit card company has reimbursed me the money from the original purchase. Thomas Neeley/ THOC has also sent me a series of texts - with 5 beginning last evening - it seems that he is more willing to communicate now after the treatment he received here on the board. As an BTW, it only took 18 days after my last text to him.

That is excellent news! Congrats on getting your money back and letting your bank/cc deal with those dirtballs.

The thread likely got locked from Lizzie humping the mods button with her strap on like Ron Jeremy at an all you can eat buffet.

Mxwll, tell those tool bags that your business with them is complete and that you do not want any further communication. If they push it after that, and if you're interested, it is telephonic harassment.

Very glad to hear Maxwell!!! It gives me hope!

I have initiated charge backs earlier as well but am still waiting with the holiday weekend here in Canada. The Neelys have been e-mailing and have even said they would refund but it has not happened yet - no surprise. They even sent an e-mail confirmation for a $1 refund (another attempt at subterfuge no doubt). I will update you as soon as I have news!

Ajester

Very glad to hear Maxwell!!! It gives me hope!

I have initiated charge backs earlier as well but am still waiting with the holiday weekend here in Canada. The Neelys have been e-mailing and have even said they would refund but it has not happened yet - no surprise. They even sent an e-mail confirmation for a $1 refund (another attempt at subterfuge no doubt). I will update you as soon as I have news!

Ajester

I guess Mr. Kneeler likes your $2400 more than Maxwell's money.

Great to hear one boardie got restored, but these individuals are likely kiting one or more new victims in schemes to leverage themselves in situations where they're being held by the short hairs.

It's disconcerting to see them continuing to attain undeserved wealth, and information threads about their activity getting pulled when it could serve as a warning to help other victims avoid being taken.

They even sent an e-mail confirmation for a $1 refund (another attempt at subterfuge no doubt)

This is a ploy used by scammers who make a living out of messing with victims, fully knowing that by refunding even $1 from the total amount stolen from you, it means the situation will no longer be handled as a criminal matter. Your only option is to pursue a charge against them, or pursue them civilly through small claims court.

They even sent an e-mail confirmation for a $1 refund (another attempt at subterfuge no doubt)

This is a ploy used by scammers who make a living out of messing with victims, fully knowing that by refunding even $1 from the total amount stolen from you, it means the situation will no longer be handled as a criminal matter. Your only option is to pursue a charge against them, or pursue them civilly through small claims court.

Any pretense of them just being inexperienced comic sellers is now gone, IMHO. What a shame.