• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com "SCAMMER" thread

515 posts in this topic

Update:

After confronting them on the $1 before my post, after my post I just received an apology for the mistake and a new confirmation for the total balance of the 2nd cancelled order only. Still no sign of it on the charge card but..

Interesting they refunded this one as after I asked them to cancel the order in the morning yet they went ahead and mailed a package at 5:56 that evening which I have not seen yet. This was after claims that it had been dropped off that morning when in fact the Stamps.com electronic notification did not happen until an hour after I asked for cancellation. Obviously It will be returned unopened ASAP anyway.

They say they changed bank accounts after my first order therefore cannot access the previous order and have asked me to pursue the charge back on my end.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it is not a freight train for any other buyers.

Ajester

Update:

After confronting them on the $1 before my post, after my post I just received an apology for the mistake and a new confirmation for the total balance of the 2nd cancelled order only. Still no sign of it on the charge card but..

Interesting they refunded this one as after I asked them to cancel the order in the morning yet they went ahead and mailed a package at 5:56 that evening which I have not seen yet. This was after claims that it had been dropped off that morning when in fact the Stamps.com electronic notification did not happen until an hour after I asked for cancellation. Obviously It will be returned unopened ASAP anyway.

They say they changed bank accounts after my first order therefore cannot access the previous order and have asked me to pursue the charge back on my end.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it is not a freight train for any other buyers.

Ajester

changed bank accounts???!!! priceless!!

Update:

Ajester

My text to him said "If there's any truth to the story that you refunded only $1.00 to Alan you better pray..."

He responded "It was fixed.. refunded twice".

Update:

Ajester

changed bank accounts???!!! priceless!!

The first order was the big $2500 or whatever order wasn't it?

Update:

Ajester

Is there an invoice or email receipt you could use to show the purchase? With them just asking for the chargeback, they're basically telling you to let your credit card company eat the loss and not them.

Actually it was two orders equalling about $3,000. There I think that is the first time I have mentioned what I paid. 1st order $1300 2nd just under $1600 then add in the shipping...

Thanks again Maxwell! If you ever need anything let me know!

Ajester

Update:

Refuse to accept/sign for that one if over $250.

So they withdrew your $2500 and whatever other funds they were able to obtain, closed the account and are telling you to continue with your claim from your end, hoping that the CC company simply writes it off when they run into the closed account?

Thanks guys! I am on it. I can't imagine they will have better success playing the shell game with the largest bank in Canada. Maybe small potatoes for the bank but they are viewing this seller in a very Grimm light with the information provided and have way more resources to prosecute.

Ajester

Thanks guys! I am on it. I can't imagine they will have better success playing the shell game with the largest bank in Canada. Maybe small potatoes for the bank but they are viewing this seller in a very Grimm light with the information provided and have way more resources to prosecute.

Ajester

(thumbs u

Even if there is a one dollar refund, that doesn't negate a crime - at least not here in the US.

Closing down their account; saw it coming. Pursue the mess out of it! Let the big guns in your bank go to war for you. File a report with local police if they'll take it.

Best of luck.

:( Sad day after a weekend of pure win from that thread.

Easily Thread of the Year winner.

seriously, is there an award for this? because this would have to win. Maybe thread of the decade or century.

It was indeed wonderful, but to win awards it'd need a lot more crazypants coming from the ne'er-do-well contingent.

IF there are customers that don't get satisfactory resolution, it might be interesting to call the local news station and let them do some investigative reporting....give the news copies of the texts, copies of receipts and police reports, etc. I know its worked here in our community.

seriously, is there an award for this? because this would have to win. Maybe thread of the decade or century.

It was indeed wonderful, but to win awards it'd need a lot more crazypants coming from the ne'er-do-well contingent.

I do wonder how their meeting with the lawyer went today.

And where they found a lawyer who would accept 2nd print key comics as payment. hm

And where they found a lawyer who would accept 2nd print key comics as payment. hm

to be fair, at any given time there's a decent chance they're working with a public defender for one reason or another. FREE.

lol

Or $150 gas cards.

Less memes here than I expected :(

Update:

Refuse to accept/sign for that one if over $250.

So they withdrew your $2500 and whatever other funds they were able to obtain, closed the account and are telling you to continue with your claim from your end, hoping that the CC company simply writes it off when they run into the closed account?

If you have the USPS tracking info, I would contact USPS and apprise them of the situation on the outside chance an insurance claim is tried. At this point, anything is possible with the excuses and scheming they have demonstrated thus far.

:roflmao:

I'm sure she'll be back to tell us :eyeroll: