• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Chart showing The Top Conventions in North America?

43 posts in this topic

What about atlanta fantasy fair or dragon con?

when i lived there in the 80's and 90's these were thee conventions to hit.

Again I think its a classification thing. Some cons want to be considerd comic book conventions, and others dont.

Dragoncon is definately not a comic book convention.

(i.e. if all the non-comic book elements were removed, it'd be a pretty small con~)

There are a lot of conventions that are not on here. whether it is a Comic, Pop Culture con anime, whatever. This to me is a chart of the top conventions in North America. Does NOT say that they are just Comic Book Conventions.

...This to me is a chart of the top conventions in North America. Does NOT say that they are just Comic Book Conventions.

it does say they are Comic Conventions, twice (see in red below)

If it were all cons, all but one or two comic cons would be blown away by things like E3, and other huge "Trade" cons.

139115.jpg.68b7bb5647349e644a0a30a2f873693f.jpg

...This to me is a chart of the top conventions in North America. Does NOT say that they are just Comic Book Conventions.

it does say they are Comic Conventions, twice (see in red below)

If it were all cons, all but one or two comic cons would be blown away by things like E3, and other huge "Trade" cons.

Wizard World does brand themselves as comic conventions. Even if all the media guests they bring in doesn't relate to comics, most of them do. Walking dead, etc. Maybe "the chart" doesn't have their attendance numbers, but if the creators of this chart exclude, it is laughable.

I was surprised to see New York and Emerald City claim the 2nd and 4th spot. I was at Emerald City this year and it appeared to me to come NOWHERE close to half of San Diego. New York looks interesting to me though and I may hit that one in 2014. I didn't know it was that big.

Canada is well-represented with 4 out of the top 15 spots on the cart, but I wouldn't think newer cons like Vancouver and Calgary stack up against the larger, established cons throughout the U.S. No offence to Western Canada, but it seems misleading to list these cons as among the biggest in NA based on numbers from only one year.