• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT 1 (1984 - first print): future pricing and speculation

134 posts in this topic

I think an advantage this book has is that many collectors who grew up with the Turtles are still young, and have many years of collecting ahead of them. New kids are getting introduced to TMNT every day. Some now ten-year-olds will grow up and want to collect this book. AF15 was released 16 years before I was born and it's one of my top wanted books. I have read and collected nearly every ASM book released before I was born. That's what TMNT MIGHT become.

If any copper book were to reach $50k, this would be it. But I believe 3 years isn't enough time. If the TMNT remain prominent characters in the public's consciousness for years to come, the sky's the limit.

Perhaps when the time has passed that has passed for AF 15 now...if the TMNT are still prominent characters, it will fetch $50k+. So..the year 2035?

Of course, I'd like to eat my words in 3 years.

:wishluck:

0801130850061.jpg

Is this meant to be ironic or do you actually believe the value will increase?

Care to provide any insight?

Telerites was the first one to get a graded 9.8 and I believe he paid cover price for it back in the 80's. No irony...just straight profit...

0801130850061.jpg

Telerites was the first one to get a graded 9.8 and I believe he paid cover price for it back in the 80's. No irony...just straight profit...

Not sure how my post could be construed as ironic. Pubmonkey is correct - I bought my copy off the stands and hope it continues to increase in value but personal opinion is that it will not be as aggressive in escalation as others. A couple of years and my kiddo enters college so maybe this will help pay for a portion of a semester hence the :wishluck:

GPA record high for 9.8 = $22,752 (Aug 2011)

2013 prediction = +25% average value increase across all grades versus 2012 :banana:

Last sale of 9.8 was $13,088

That one might be up 100% ($26K) in a short amount of time.

Yep, if memory serves the $22K book was even a falsely labeled 2nd print... I can't substantiate that, I read it somewhere on this forum. I do know there was a small scandal on this book for a time, particularly with PGX.

That being said, I am confident that CGC has any and all kinks worked out and regularly grades counterfeit books as such.

In any case, I can see the 9.8s going for closer to $50K in three years or less.

I believe it was Strong Guy who revealed it to be a third print that came up in a discussion about how to tell the difference between the three print runs.

0801130850061.jpg

Not sure how my post could be construed as ironic. Pubmonkey is correct - I bought my copy off the stands and hope it continues to increase in value but personal opinion is that it will not be as aggressive in escalation as others. A couple of years and my kiddo enters college so maybe this will help pay for a portion of a semester hence the :wishluck:

It could only be considered ironic by someone as acerbic as the OP. Telling folks what type of opinions are welcome adequately informed me of what to expect from this guy.

0801130850061.jpg

It could only be considered ironic by someone as acerbic as the OP. Telling folks what type of opinions are welcome adequately informed me of what to expect from this guy.

I asked of it was ironic because there have been many posts in many forums where people are jerks and post things like this ironically.

Since I don't know the poster personally, I asked. There is NOTHING wrong with asking a question.

No need to be so cynical. I only listed that I didn't want to hear from a bunch of negative haters because there is enough of that going around on here. Your comments are representative of the kind of I didn't want posted.

Please feel free to share you opinion about the comic. Keep your opinion about me to yourself.

There is also nothing wrong with posting an opinion, whether it comports with your ideal desired spectrum of responses or not. So what you want has nothing to do with it. You are not the boss of this thread, or anyone posting herein. Especially since you chose to rock a new thread when there are dozens of TMNT threads to choose from, many of which have plumbed these depths ad nauseum.

So rather than alienate posters with your preemptive post demands and assumptions that an amazing 9.8 TMNT #1 was posted "ironically," join the community, have some fun, and lighten up, Francis.

There is also nothing wrong with posting an opinion, whether it comports with your ideal desired spectrum of responses or not. So what you want has nothing to do with it. You are not the boss of this thread, or anyone posting herein. Especially since you chose to rock a new thread when there are dozens of TMNT threads to choose from, many of which have plumbed these depths ad nauseum.

So rather than alienate posters with your preemptive post demands and assumptions that an amazing 9.8 TMNT #1 was posted "ironically," join the community, have some fun, and lighten up, Francis.

Fair enough, point taken.

Where did the "Francis" come from?

It comes from Stripes, with Bill Murray. :)

It comes from Stripes, with Bill Murray. :)

That's the fact Jack!