• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sux thread

89 posts in this topic

Video games in general and pretty much anything related to them are a vast, near-endless resource of suckage. :)

I am so sad for you. At what age exactly DID you lose all of your fingers in that industrial accident?

Never, just never cared to play any video games of any kind. Too drone-like an activity. :) Bleep-bloop-bleep-boop-boop-bleep-boop-beep-beep-beep

:D

Video games in general and pretty much anything related to them are a vast, near-endless resource of suckage. :)

I am so sad for you. At what age exactly DID you lose all of your fingers in that industrial accident?

Never, just never cared to play any video games of any kind. Too drone-like an activity. :) Bleep-bloop-bleep-boop-boop-bleep-boop-beep-beep-beep

Maybe you just don’t know themir history? In the mid-1980s coin-ops all had nice "stories" behind them. Flicky must be one of the less "drone-like" thinks you could play.

It‘s like going on a swing! :D

:roflmao:

Maybe you just don’t know themir history? In the mid-1980s coin-ops all had nice "stories" behind them. Flicky must be one of the less "drone-like" thinks you could play.

It‘s like going on a swing! :D

I just don't care for staring at any video game, no matter how rich the graphics or story. I prefer to sit and stare at comics. :P Anyway, look at the bright side; one less competitor for those after rare out-of-print video relics, from past and present! :)

C'mon, nowadays everybody plays some kind of video game. Ever play angry birds? Minesweeper? Burger time? Even my mom played burger time back in the day! :grin:

C'mon, nowadays everybody plays some kind of video game. Ever play angry birds? Minesweeper? Burger time? Even my mom played burger time back in the day! :grin:

My cousin and I received a neighbor request from my mom on Simpsons Tapped Out.

No... really... she is in her 60's btw.

I just don't care for staring at any video game, no matter how rich the graphics or story. I prefer to sit and stare at comics. :P Anyway, look at the bright side; one less competitor for those after rare out-of-print video relics, from past and present! :)

But that’s the point: in the 1980s mostly you did not "stare": I was speaking mostly, and chiefly, of coin-ops, which have largely disappeared today, I guess, with all the home consoles and recent smartphones bought for primary school kids… :P

I enjoyed playing videogames at a bar as much as I enjoyed fashioning my own toys from found materials at my grandparent’s place (they were farmers).

And reading ASM #124-125 (in italian) on a tree house… :D

Well, the Simpsons has been around for about 20 years, so it’s not such a surprise.

I guess originalisbest was mostly talking about the frenzied nature of certain video game playing nowadays… :)

I believe it. My mom is around the same age, I remember going to her house for thanksgiving a few years ago and finding out she bought a wii. Apparently, she had so much fun playing games with my niece and nephew at their house, she had to buy her own. I told her I'd buy her Life Alert for Xmas in case she breaks her hip playing Cooking Mama :facepalm: On a somewhat related and on-topic note..

You know what grinds my gears? The grading and encapsulation of items that don't really need to be slabbed. To be fair, when I see a shiny golden nes Zelda cartridge, I get a case of the nostalgia chubbs. But it seems that every slabbed nes game I've seen doesn't have a box. Wouldn't finding a minty fresh box, which most of us threw out, be harder to find than a decent looking block of plastic? I'm woefully ignorant on the subject, but I'm all ears if anybody wants to educate me. Also, a guy I'm following on instagram showed a pic of a graded and slabbed box of cereal. If I was grading food, my 2 main points of concern would be

1) does this taste good? 2) will this give me angry diarrhea? Something tells me a decades old box of cereal would fail both criteria, and thus not be considered "near mint".

I believe it. My mom is around the same age, I remember going to her house for thanksgiving a few years ago and finding out she bought a wii. Apparently, she had so much fun playing games with my niece and nephew at their house, she had to buy her own. I told her I'd buy her Life Alert for Xmas in case she breaks her hip playing Cooking Mama :facepalm: On a somewhat related and on-topic note..

You know what grinds my gears? The grading and encapsulation of items that don't really need to be slabbed. To be fair, when I see a shiny golden nes Zelda cartridge, I get a case of the nostalgia chubbs. But it seems that every slabbed nes game I've seen doesn't have a box. Wouldn't finding a minty fresh box, which most of us threw out, be harder to find than a decent looking block of plastic? I'm woefully ignorant on the subject, but I'm all ears if anybody wants to educate me. Also, a guy I'm following on instagram showed a pic of a graded and slabbed box of cereal. If I was grading food, my 2 main points of concern would be

1) does this taste good? 2) will this give me angry diarrhea? Something tells me a decades old box of cereal would fail both criteria, and thus not be considered "near mint".

While video games aren't my cup of tea at all, JAM_NYC does remind me that, backinnaday I did really enjoy playing coin-op Pac-Man! Not even close to being good at it then or now, but I did enjoy playing it. Other than that though, the appeal is lost on me, but I don't begrudge others their enjoyment of them.

But after all, this is the whatyoucollectsux thread so that was my offering. :D

While video games aren't my cup of tea at all, JAM_NYC does remind me that, backinnaday I did really enjoy playing coin-op Pac-Man! Not even close to being good at it then or now, but I did enjoy playing it. Other than that though, the appeal is lost on me, but I don't begrudge others their enjoyment of them.

But after all, this is the whatyoucollectsux thread so that was my offering. :D

Attaboy, I like the cut of your jib! :banana: As for the cereal, it seemed like it was sealed, and it was a box of Star Wars cereal, so I imagine it was made in the late 70's-early 80's? I'm 33, as far back as I can remember, cereal was in a plastic pouch within the box. I'm not sure if old cereal can bleed through plastic, but then again, I don't collect cereal.

Slabbed Image books.

For example, 800+ copies of Revival #1 on the census, not including variant printings. Lots of people selling, but who's collecting this stuff?

Other sellers, I think.

Slabbed Image books.

For example, 800+ copies of Revival #1 on the census, not including variant printings. Lots of people selling, but who's collecting this stuff?

Other sellers, I think.

Correcto-mundo.

The TWD show sux!! It's 97% boring. The comic is pretty good, but only relative to how terrible almost all comic writing is. If it were any other medium (excepting perhaps whatever genre Twilight falls into) it'd languish in obscurity.

The TV show is horrible. Hated the first season, the whole CDC thing was way out of place and should have been cut from the show, it felt almost scifi. Second season was the best and half the episodes put me to sleep, the ony thing saving that season was Jon Bernthal's acting and Dale dying. Season 3, well the Governor wasn't exactly the Governor except in name, lazy writing, glad Andrea died, she was as annoying as Dale on the show.

The comic was good the first 50 or so issues. Now it's just SSDD.