• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Baker Romance, more Romance and Hot Rod Comics CLOSED

23 posts in this topic

Hello all. This is my first selling thread, so a few introductions. I am a long time collector and an occasional “poster”. I have privately sold to Dr. Love and edowens71. I need to prune the collection, so here are some offerings. But first, the details.

Grading: I try to grade conservatively, but if you are not happy with the purchase, all raw books are fully returnable (including return shipping). CGC graded books are not returnable.

Shipping and Packaging: Postage is $ 8 for a raw book to the lower 48 states. CGC book is $ 10 to the lower 48 states. I will combine shipping. Postage to other places will be at exact costs. In most instances, I will try to cover some of the cost myself. I will not gouge you or add “handling” charges.

All books are sent via boxed Priority mail with delivery confirmation. The more expensive books go double boxed with insurance. I use extra cardboard, bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Books are NOT sent in a cereal box or envelope with the words “fragile” written on it.

Other details: Please, no Probies or House of Shame members.

Only one book has been pressed to my knowledge and I will state it.

The first :takeit: in the thread trumps all PM negotiations (regardless of what stage the negotiations are in). That said, PM’s are welcomed, and the worst I can say is thanks, but no. Time payments are available, but please PM for details.

Acceptable payment forms are Paypal, check or money order. I will be in San Diego (in two weeks), so I can deliver books there too.

Lastly, I have tried to grade conservatively and I have tried to price the books fairly. OK, here we go…

Hot Rod Comics nn (#1) (8.0/8.5) Diamond Run $ 180

Hot Rod Comics 5 (6.5) $ 35

Hot Rod Comics 6 (7.0) $ 45

Hot Rod Comics 7 (7.0) $ 45

Speed Smith The Hot Rod King 1 (2.0) $ 15

My Past 7 (5.5) $ 40 SOLD

Our Love Story 5 (9.0) $ 175

Perfect Love 3 (7.5) $ 50 SOLD

Secret Hearts 4 (6.0) $ 75

Ghost Comics 5 (6.5) $ 150

Diary Secrets 4 (5.0) $ 175

Teen-Age Romances 1 (6.0) $ 350

Teen-Age Romances 28 (8.0) $ 60 SOLD

Wartime Romances 7 CGC 8.0 Mile High $ 575 SOLD

Wartime Romances 11 (6.0) Pressed $ 300

Perfect Love 3 (7.5) $ 50

This priced a little under guide. I think Overstreet is a little out of whack on this issue, so hence the cheaper price. Sold to me as a VF+ copy, but I disagree, so...

PerfectLove3front_zps23981a0e.jpg

PerfectLove3back_zpsd710dd1d.jpg

Secret Hearts 4 (6.0) $ 75

Purchased from Bedrock City. It looks a little nicer in the scan, but on the spine by the top staple, it looks a little abraded (like someone scrapped a little bit of the spine away). So I had to knock the grade down to account for this. Other than that, a nice book...

SecretHearts4front_zps5069e822.jpg

SecretHearts4back_zpsee8a94a1.jpg

Teen-Age Romances 1 (6.0) $ 350

I knocked it down a little, because when you hold it at a slight angle, there is some staining on the front and back cover. You do not see it when you hold the book directly in front of you.

There is also a very small pinhole on the front cover in the letter "R" (just under the letter "N").

Teen-AgeRomances1front_zps038acb0e.jpg

Teen-AgeRomances1back_zps03c4f774.jpg

Wartime Romances 11 (6.0, as graded by Matt Nelson) $ 300 PRESSED by Matt Nelson

I bought this book a couple of years ago and I was not happy with it because it was warped. I really felt like tossing it, but instead I had Matt press it. It came out really nice, and it only grades to FINE because of the front and back cover chipping. Also, there is a faint crease on the back cover that breaks color. It runs the entire length of the cover (from top to bottom). It is difficult to see it, but if the back cover is opened, then it is readily apparent. The rest of the book is not affected.

WartimeRomances11front_zpsace0060e.jpg

WartimeRomances11back_zpsc8477b18.jpg