• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will pressing remove writing indentations

19 posts in this topic

I am looking at a book that has writing impressions on the cover from somone putting paper on top of the book and writing on it. it has some that are pretty deep....they drew 3 circles and filled them in about 1/4 inch in diameter.

Can these be pressed out? I know its tough without pics, but any people with experience with this?

I had a squarebound Silver Surfer #1 with writing impressions. I sent it in to Matt Nelson when he was offering free presses a few years back (here on the boards). Got the book back & the impressions were still obviously there & it was dinged pretty bad by CGC.

Not sure if Matt went all out on the free offer or whether the squarebound made it more difficult, but the impressions were not removed.

The short answer is yes. All depends how deep they are and if any color is lost.

This is why Joey is the man when it comes to pressing.

He is so good at what he does he can practically break the laws of physics. Here is an example of one of his best pressing jobs ever.

He managed to take this and with a proper pressing and cleaning he

really-fat-woman.jpg

turn it into this.

sexy-brazilian-model-at-comic-con.jpg

Amazing I tell ya, he will get the indentations out of your comic without breaking a sweat.

:insane:

Answer to OP is yes.

Last post amazing.

Honest answers please. From a couple experiences with this sort of thing, at best you have to give a qualified yes answer. I would think you have to press the you know what out of the book to accomplish a clean removal, resulting in a terrible looking book. I hate the look of a pancaked book, more than I hate indentations.

BTW, it is so annoying to see price indentations on a book = the dealer wrote the price while the sticker was on the book.

The best answer to an indentation is to get a Stan Lee signature slopped over the location ! :banana:

Answer to OP is yes.

Last post amazing.

Honest answers please. From a couple experiences with this sort of thing, at best you have to give a qualified yes answer. I would think you have to press the you know what out of the book to accomplish a clean removal, resulting in a terrible looking book. I hate the look of a pancaked book, more than I hate indentations.

BTW, it is so annoying to see price indentations on a book = the dealer wrote the price while the sticker was on the book.

The best answer to an indentation is to get a Stan Lee signature slopped over the location ! :banana:

Thank for the replys. I may have to go for it.

Answer to OP is yes.

Last post amazing.

Absolutely not true.

Here is an example of a typical type that removes well:

im56ba1.jpg

You can still just make it out in the picture, but in hand you can't see it, even knowing where it once was.

This may have sold me. Now to go negotiate the book tomorrow.

The short answer is yes. All depends how deep they are and if any color is lost.

This is why Joey is the man when it comes to pressing.

He is so good at what he does he can practically break the laws of physics. Here is an example of one of his best pressing jobs ever.

He managed to take this and with a proper pressing and cleaning he

really-fat-woman.jpg

turn it into this.

sexy-brazilian-model-at-comic-con.jpg

Amazing I tell ya, he will get the indentations out of your comic without breaking a sweat.

:insane:

Far out! lol

Answer to OP is yes.

Last post amazing.

Absolutely not true.

I tried that few times. CGC graders are not that stupid. (tsk)

Pressing is safe.

Here is an example of a typical type that removes well:

im56ba1.jpg

You can still just make it out in the picture, but in hand you can't see it, even knowing where it once was.

This may have sold me. Now to go negotiate the book tomorrow.

:whee:

I had a book that looked like someone did their taxes on top of it. I mean, you wouldn't have believed it. :facepalm:

I pressed out the writing and got a 9.6 from the CGC. :applause:

I had a book that looked like someone did their taxes on top of it. I mean, you wouldn't have believed it. :facepalm:

I pressed out the writing and got a 9.6 from the CGC. :applause:

CGC didn't bother to tell you, but the writing didn't press out.

You only got a 9.6 on that book because CGC was able to make out what had been written on the book: "For a good time, cheap, call DiceX at (---)--- ----. :D

And you were wondering why CGC employees kept calling you at all hours. lol