• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offical LONE RANGER Movie & Comic Cover Thread - Love, Like or Hate poll

The new LONE RANGER movie... My opinion was that I...  

165 members have voted

1. 1. The new LONE RANGER movie... My opinion was that I...

106 posts in this topic

As of today...

52% of boardies at least liked it and 48% disliked.

Almost cut down the middle. hm

It was a pretty good fun movie.

It was better then John Carter which I liked as well.

The origin of Tonto was sad and compelling. :(

Also we find out why Depp wears the bird on his head.

Good movie that deserves a sequel, but won`t get one because the sheep listen to the Rotten Tomatoes critics just like when they did with Judge Dredd.

Hopefully the world wide audience and Blu-ray sales make the Lone Ranger profitable enough for a much deserved sequel.

I guarantee this is the kind of movie that when people watch it on dvd or cable they will say wow Lone Ranger is cool! :cloud9:

As of today...

52% of boardies at least liked it and 48% disliked.

Almost cut down the middle. hm

It was a pretty good fun movie.

It was better then John Carter which I liked as well.

The origin of Tonto was sad and compelling. :(

Also we find out why Depp wears the bird on his head.

Good movie that deserves a sequel, but won`t get one because the sheep listen to the Rotten Tomatoes critics just like when they did with Judge Dredd.

Hopefully the world wide audience and Blu-ray sales make the Lone Ranger profitable enough for a much deserved sequel.

I guarantee this is the kind of movie that when people watch it on dvd or cable they will say wow Lone Ranger is cool! :cloud9:

I loved Judge Dredd. The Lone Ranger, not so much. What a long, boring movie. It couldn't decided it it wanted to be a dark movie or a comedy. That indecision cause it to fail on both accounts. I think they would have been better off sticking to dark and dropping all the silly, off the wall, decidedly not funny stuff. I was also disappointed it took until the last act for the classic Lone Ranger music to play. What a disappointing movie.

Hate to break it to you Star Wars A New Hope is a remake of Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress a Samurai film. Sure Lucas added a few more things in, but you can look at the scenes and see them almost scene for scene transferred to Star Wars A New Hope. Die Hard is actually the second film to be made on John McClain the first one features Frank Sinatra in a movie called the Detective. Die Hard was originally written as a sequel for Sinatra to star in, but when he declined they retooled and renamed the character from Joe Leland in the books to John McClain, Serenity falls under steampunk and it bombed at the box office plus fox canceled it after one season I hardly call that successful, and sure everything takes from something else, but put Batman in a western setting the film would flop we got that with Jonah Hex.

Have you actually seen The Hidden Fortress? While many of the beats are similar, Star Wars and that movie don't have that much in common.

A scene for scene transfer? Are you kidding...

Heh heh, nobody learned a damned thing from the Klinton Spilsbury fiasco a generation ago.

THIS IS A PIECE OF MYTHOLOGY THAT NEEDS TO BE HANDLED WITH RESPECT! THE HERO NEEDS TO BE HEROIC, THE SIDEKICK NEEDS TO BE JUST AS HEROIC!

There can be humor, but it has to come from the situation, not the folks involved.

It also helps if everyone is a superb actor, and cast properly for the role.

This is in essence, a story about revenge and retribution. Everything else is secondary to this early on, the Lone Ranger really only gets his hero chops after his first big fight and revenge. It's only then that he learns the true lesson: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Insofar as I can tell, this movie (and that monstrous turd from the 80's) does not address any of that.

Some day someone will make a GOOD Lone Ranger move and cash in for many Many millions, the story is great.

This movie had very forced humor. I found it decidedly unfunny. Tonto's backstory could have been poignant, yet the attempt at humor really killed it.

They took the worst of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and none of the good.

So, in my lifetime, we've had two very poorly done Lone Ranger movies. I wonder if we'll ever see a third attempt?