• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offical LONE RANGER Movie & Comic Cover Thread - Love, Like or Hate poll

The new LONE RANGER movie... My opinion was that I...  

165 members have voted

1. 1. The new LONE RANGER movie... My opinion was that I...

106 posts in this topic

Saw it today and enjoyed it for what it was... escapist fun.

Must say that without Depp... it would not been anywhere as entertaining as it was.

What did you think?

I sold this recently but it was one of my favorite covers. Post one of yours if you have one handy :)

031012cgcandoffice067.jpg

The-Lone-Ranger-2013-the-lone-ranger-32352271-2000-1405_zps94a29abf.jpg

Right from the start this movie disappointed me. It is set in 1869 and the first pistol I see is an Colt Single Action Army model 1873. Further that by trapdoor Springfields also not introduced until 1873 and I just lost it. If you are going to spend 250 Million Dollars making a "western" why can't you find a person who at least knows what guns were being used at that time.

Drives me nuts. Oh and I agree without Depp this movie would have been unbearable.

All the reviews I'm hearing say it makes a horribly clumsy attempt to veer back and forth between cutesy humor and apologist retconning.

:(

I really wanted to see a successful Lone Ranger movie, though Depp's selection seemed crazy casting. But I had hope as Depp was incredible in the only other western I remember him in, "Dead Man".

I saw the previews and could tell it was going to be a box office flop. The western died in the 60's sure a few films here and there are big, but it is not enough to revitalize the entire concept. Let the western stay dead.

I didn't get casting Depp as Tonto when I first heard the news, but he did a good job. The movie was funny and had the same level of action as the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies. I think those had one or two sequels too many, but I know I loved seeing the first one in the theater. This movie was as much fun. I saw it on the 4th. It was that or This Is The End but I figured the latter would be fine to watch on DVD at home.

I saw the previews and could tell it was going to be a box office flop. The western died in the 60's sure a few films here and there are big, but it is not enough to revitalize the entire concept. Let the western stay dead.
I don't much like westerns pre-Young Guns, and ever since Tombstone I've been a western fan. I don't think a major studio western will get released without me taking a look these days. But I hardly even thought of this movie as a western. It was a Hollywood action comedy popcorn flick set in the west.

I don't much like westerns pre-Young Guns, and ever since Tombstone I've been a western fan. I don't think a major studio western will get released without me taking a look these days. But I hardly even thought of this movie as a western. It was a Hollywood action comedy popcorn flick set in the west.

lol I swear, I have now heard it all!! Is it safe to assume you've given the Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood trilogy (A Fistful Of Dollars | For a Few Dollars More | The Good, The Bad & The Ugly) a shot and found it inferior to Young Guns? And of course Once Upon A Time In The West, The Searchers, High Noon, that Star Trek TOS episode (loved that one!! :luhv:)...

I wouldn't go that far. I'm a big fan of Unforgiven and Silverado.

Lets see about one western every 4 to 5 years in the theaters that does well does not equal success most flop. So yes the western died in the late 60's.

Lets see about one western every 4 to 5 years in the theaters that does well does not equal success most flop. So yes the western died in the late 60's.

You have a rather unpleasant posting style.

You have a rather unpleasant posting style.

lol +1