• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 35 vs TTA 27

295 posts in this topic

So Ik that a lot of u out there have those nice key issues ready for the Ant man movie, but which one is the REAL first app of Ant man, which do u think is more collectible? And why?

In my eyes, 35 is the first app of Ant man, 27 just intro hank Pym while in 35 he dons the costume, also, there can be an ant man without Pym (I.E. Scott Lang ) but no pym without ant man as then he would just be a random scientist

Ant-man, the costumed super-hero with a helmet that controls ants, first appears in TTA 35, but the character's origin, not just a random scientist named Henry Pym appears in TTA 27.

This is not merely a retcon or proto-type, but the best illustration that the roots of the early Marvel Superhero universe were solidly in the pre-hero monster sci-fi stories the company had been publishing. TTA 35 is a key in it's own right, probably more so than any second SA Marvel appearance outside of ASM #1, but fifty years of Marvel collecting has cemented TTA 27 as the first appearance of the "Ant-man", even if he never calls himself that. It also helps that "The Man in the Ant Hill" is the cover story.

Hank Pym also takes on the role of other characters, such as yellow jacket, if ur saying 27 is ant mans first app than 27 is the also the same app of yellow jacket

No.

TTA 27 is the true first appearance(and therefore a real key), but I personally prefer 35. Both are great books though.

Silliness. TTA#27 has the character using his "powers". It is the real first appearance.

DG

I totally disagree. If you read 27 it's clear it's a straight up monster story. 35 retconned 27 into being a first appearance. 35 is the more significant book IMO by far

I've said this before on here its 35. 27 is Hank Pyms first app. 35 is ant man . Eddie Brook appears before ASM 300 .to me it is 35 . I own both so I'm not being biased .again its only my opinion.

I've said this before on here its 35. 27 is Hank Pyms first app. 35 is ant man . Eddie Brook appears before ASM 300 .to me it is 35 . I own both so I'm not being biased .again its only my opinion.

Um, that's Venom appearing in asm 299. I don't see Eddie Brock at all.

I am biased; TTA #27 was a really pivotal acquisition in my collection, and it's the only comic I own that I would never upgrade.

I think TTA #27 is the more important book, in part because of the fact that Ant-Man begat Giant-Man, then Goliath, then Yellowjacket, while Hank Pym has always been the alter ego. With that many identities, it's the man, not the costume.

But if the marketplace ordains TTA #35 as "the" key, I'm alright with that, too. My 35 is way nicer than my 27.

<a  href=Untitled-1.jpg' alt='Untitled-1.jpg'>

I think you nailed it. I suspect those that disagree own 27 :insane:

Well, I disagree and I don't own either of these books. Plus:

there can be an ant man without Pym (I.E. Scott Lang ) but no pym without ant man as then he would just be a random scientist

Considering Pym has also been, over the course of his career, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, Dr. Pym and The Wasp, it's pretty clear there very much can be a Pym without Ant-Man.

Henry Pym the character is more important than Ant-Man the costume or concept. And I'm pretty sure five decades of Marvel stories back this opinion up.

35 is a really cool book, though.