• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very disgusted lately about large number of scan thefts

39 posts in this topic

I am very disgusted by the number of emails and the amount of time I am spending responding to people calling or emailing me about books that are on ebay or appearing in other websites for sale. While I would love to plaster a big HGC sticker on all of my books it just amazes me how many pieces of S**t there are out there who do this. Ebay is totally useless as far as policing of this goes.

Watermarks can be created in Photoshop.

Create a selection in the shape of the mark (ie. text).

Create a new layer and fill your watermark with white.

Set the opacity of that layer to 10 to 20%. You can adjust it to your taste.

There you have it. Instant watermark.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

And if I don't have access to Photoshop? confused-smiley-013.gif Is it the type of thing that I can have someone make for me and then send to me to be used over and over again?

thumbsup2.gif

And if I don't have access to Photoshop? confused-smiley-013.gif Is it the type of thing that I can have someone make for me and then send to me to be used over and over again?

If you don't have access to Photoshop, you have to find someone else to help you.

Sorry, but I have never worked with another photo editor.

I've never had a need to.

I'm positive you could create a watermark with other programs...But I couldn't begin to tell you how.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Dice want to teach me photoshop? flowerred.gif

I don't know anything about Photoshop.

stooges.gif

A few years ago, I was invited by the local college to be a guest teacher in a Photoshop/Desktop Publishing class for a day.

I basically did a walk through of basic production, then allowed the class to ask me questions on how to do things in Photoshop.

They sat in awe as I gave them tips, and explained how to do some of the more advanced (cool) stuff.

After the class was over, the students gave me a standing ovation, and they all commented on how they learned more in that one day than they had in the class the entire year.

Thought I would share that, for no reason other than to boost my ego a bit.

acclaim.gifboo.gif

It surely is buyer beware on ebay. You really have to know who you are dealing with these days to avoid the scammers. I must get a couple things every day allegedly from ebay security saying my account has been violated and to verify my personal info. It's sad and pitiful people can't think of better ways to try to make money than these punk scams.

The trial versions have the "save" option disabled.

gossip.gif

could you not copy and paste the result into MS Paint or another freebie graphics program? How much does that puppy cost?

"Copy" is also diabled.

sorry.gif

The cost is in the $650 area.

The trial versions have the "save" option disabled.

gossip.gif

There are allways search engines for Cracks

Yes, but we should do things LEGALLY-otherwise, we are no better than the crooks who steal the pics, right?

Possibly even worse, if you ask me.

Photoshop would be a bargain if it cost $1000.

That is...If you get into that kinda thing.

yay.gif