• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Lines Art

107 posts in this topic

Ive inquired about one piece(a JRJR page and not even really a special one) before. The price that was quoted to me was absurd. So Ive never looked back.

My dealer(read: enabler) of choice has always been Anthony. But he really knows how to make a deal look sweet.

I have sent a few reasonable offers for the New Mutants and Magik and have been turned down each time. Even for pages with no action, and simple conversation the asking prices are just to far out of the common range.

I'd like to know who buys from them? Anyone I know that has bought from them at all has only done so once. Is it all newbies? When I was last at their booth the silver age and earlier art was mostly empty in regard to collectors, but the bronze and later side was fairly full the whole time. I'm mostly interested in pre 1970 artwork, so I don't know what their prices are like for newer art......is it crazy as well?

About 6 months ago I asked about a bronze (1978) Marvel cover. At that time he quoted a cash price of $9750.

For a laugh, I asked again yesterday. The price is now $12950.

All things considered, it would probably sell for $5-6k tops at auction.

About 6 months ago I asked about a bronze (1978) Marvel cover. At that time he quoted a cash price of $9750.

For a laugh, I asked again yesterday. The price is now $12950.

All things considered, it would probably sell for $5-6k tops at auction.

You've got as much chance at pinning them down as this guy has of catching the light.

reverse-1306235375_cat_vs_laser_pointer.gif

Maybe I am in the minority here, but their pricing practices don't get me upset at all.

I am always a firm believer of, if you own something, you can price it however you want. And it's your problem if it sits there for 10 years, or you price it too low and someone flips it in 2 days.

They have a few pages I'd love to own, but I decided that my money was best spent in other places. And then I moved on.

The only thing I'd get upset about is if they misrepresented something they were selling.

Changing your prices to try to maximize them based on your reading of how badly a potential customer wants something is lame.

Also, if they've got a lot of stuff that you don't see elsewhere very frequently, they can skew the whole market. If someone wants to sell a piece and isn't sure what it's worth, they'll look at others' offerings as a guide. They see Coollines' insane prices and think they're the norm...boom, another overpriced example which is now available it influence the next guy.

And, constantly relisting your stuff on CAF makes it impossible to shop around without being inundated by the same old over priced stuff you've seen a million times before.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but their pricing practices don't get me upset at all.

I am always a firm believer of, if you own something, you can price it however you want. And it's your problem if it sits there for 10 years, or you price it too low and someone flips it in 2 days.

They have a few pages I'd love to own, but I decided that my money was best spent in other places. And then I moved on.

The only thing I'd get upset about is if they misrepresented something they were selling.

Changing your prices to try to maximize them based on your reading of how badly a potential customer wants something is lame.Also, if they've got a lot of stuff that you don't see elsewhere very frequently, they can skew the whole market. If someone wants to sell a piece and isn't sure what it's worth, they'll look at others' offerings as a guide. They see Coollines' insane prices and think they're the norm...boom, another overpriced example which is now available it influence the next guy.

And, constantly relisting your stuff on CAF makes it impossible to shop around without being inundated by the same old over priced stuff you've seen a million times before.

Sounds like the used car dealer approach to selling.