• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay "Make Offer" question

65 posts in this topic

Maybe a little off topic...but my LCS is the worst when it comes to negotiating. Sometimes he will kick me out for 'low-balling' him. Or, worse yet, he will sell something I want to someone else right in front of me, for the price I offered, or lower!!!! He says he does this because my 'negotiating pisses him off' and also, 'it's a retail store and I shouldn't be looking for deals'. He claims that you can't negotiate prices at a retail outlet.

Haha! Thanks for letting me vent!

Find another shop.

Yup!

I don't think 20% is insulting. I am more annoyed when I send an offer (apparently high enough to bypass the auto reject) and waited a few days only to get a decline and not even a counter offer. I do not like sellers that handle business this way. If you are not willing to negotiate at all, why bother with Best Offer? just list the item as BIN and not waste anyone else time.

This! I have encountered this in the past, and its highly annoying. If you want to sell it for a certain price, don't bother with Best Offer, just sell it for what you want. I used to just move on when sellers would use this tactic...waste of my time.

I don't think 20% is insulting. I am more annoyed when I send an offer (apparently high enough to bypass the auto reject) and waited a few days only to get a decline and not even a counter offer. I do not like sellers that handle business this way. If you are not willing to negotiate at all, why bother with Best Offer? just list the item as BIN and not waste anyone else time.

This! I have encountered this in the past, and its highly annoying. If you want to sell it for a certain price, don't bother with Best Offer, just sell it for what you want. I used to just move on when sellers would use this tactic...waste of my time.

I agree to a point but if you have ever sold on Ebay or other comic selling sites then you will always get the low offers and never the asking price unless it is a hard to find high grade book that has some demand.