• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Scrooge, Slab worthy?

9 posts in this topic

I have 5 copies of these two books in the ORIGINAL Whitman bags of these..

Is it worth sending to get slabbed in the registry, each books have 1 each registered. The ones in the bags are all going to be high 9's....

I just sold my readers on ebay for a modest fee, but was amazed at # of Emails...

What is a guy to do... 598425-us1.jpg

598425-us1.jpg.4812c7a94865934b491ffd23f05c81e8.jpg

my dad bought a ton of "in the bag" Disney Whitmans. Based on the going price, I'm not convinced it is worth slabbing just yet. Somebody please prove me wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif

Keep in mind that the number slabbed in the registry doesn't mean it is rare--it could also mean it isn't cost effective (or profitable) to slab them yet.

My impression from watching auctions and selling a few of these books is that you will turn a modest profit if they are 9.6 or higher. They should sell in the $25 to $35 dollar range which will net you $5 to $15 after slabbing and ebay fees. So, not really worth it IMO if you factor in time, etc. Hope this helps.