• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good places to buy original comic art

21 posts in this topic

Spencer Beck does rep Aparo...I bet those Death in the Family pages are long gone, though, and will be very tough to pry loose from their owner(s).

I agree, the commissioning route may be the better way to go. I'll take a nice pen & ink drawing on Bristol board any day compared to a panel page on standard Marvel or DC artboard! I feel that you're getting more pure "art" with commissioned drawings while original pages are equal parts "art" and "collectible".

I just commissioned Frank Brunner to do a piece for me after seeing the incredible examples on his website (www.frankbrunner.net)...his fee is pretty reasonable for an artist of his stature.

Gene

I've been looking around the original art-sites the last couple of days and I just can't seem to find any Mike Mignola art for sale anywhere... No Hellboy pages--no nothing frown.gif

The link our German friend provided is a fan-site, with lots and lots of gorgeous Mignola stuff, but nothing for sale alas crazy.gif

Subscribe to Russ Cochran's orig. art catalog. It is promoted by Gemstone on the diamond.scoop webpage. Telephone, fax or email bids in. He just completed an auction Wednesday that included a vintage Hal Foster Tarzan Sunday, 3 Hogarth Tarzan Sundays, Peanuts strip art (no Snoopy), Gil Kane 2 pg Adv into Fear (Morbius) art, etc. Over 1/2 the lots in this particular auction had NO reserves. Problem is u can't see who the heck u are bidding against like on eBay. However, Russ specifically states in his Rules that (shill) bids will only be used up to the hidden reserve price. The auction house or inside staff may not be bidding against u above the reserve like at Heritage.

Sure there is stuff for sale on that site, chromium. The Batman issues are just for gallery ideas though.

And by the by, I have seen beautiful sites with cool domain names and no content and I have seen ugly sites, hosted at geocities or elsewhere with interesting information (I don´t say that the link I posted is so very interesting though).