• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted to show off what just walked into my store...

50 posts in this topic

If these are fakes then Lucas got in the market of bootlegging his own items! The employee who got me these is having my 11 year old and I out for lunch at SW...I'm more excited than the boy.

That is so cool.

I know they are not comics but if there aren't Star Wars fans on here then something is very wrong in the force...

I own a gun store fairly close to Skywalker Ranch...lots of their employees are my customers. These two beautiful mint posters just walked in the door and traded for my goods...the first being a fairly rare gem. Not the greatest pics but they will do in a pinch. Enjoy!

nvr3ti.jpg

ir7tsk.jpg

Could be a reprint / bootleg.

Check out this website to be sure.

Fake Revenge of the Jedi Posters

Supposedly there were 250-500 of the birthday cake one made and only given out to theatres still playing Star Wars one year from the original release date

The B-Day cake poster is a beauty. I wonder how long some of the theaters ran the movie. If I can trust my memory, I'll swear I saw it in the theater in February of '79, just before I turned five, but that would have been 21 months after the release date.

^I saw it at the drive-in somewhere around 1979 myself...I was 4. Don't remember much at all...I do remember Empire though vividly. Still one of my favorite movies to date.

Star Wars was the last movie I saw at a drive-in. :sorry:

A lot of shops thrive on repeat customers, and customers getting to know the store staff and vice versa, and their interests etc. If they know the gunshop owner is a Star Wars/comic fan, then that would something that would for sure come up in conversation, and you might get more than a few customers at that location bartering, etc.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. I'd have never thought to go grocery shopping with a $200 comic lol

When I had my first bar or two, people used to bring me merchandise all the time. Had a guy who would regularly bring me his boxed James Bonds movies. I'd "buy" them for $20, and "sell " them back to him a week or two later for about double.

One night I mentioned how I had picked up a great collection of Masters of the Universe figures at a garage sale. A guy said he had no idea they were worth anything, and a few days later showed up with a bunch of figures and a Castle Grey Skull. We worked out a deal for a tab of X dollars that we were both very happy with. A few days later , he shows up with his wife and kid in tow. Wife is furious the guy sold his boys favorite toys and wants them all back. I rethought my purchases after that.