• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted to show off what just walked into my store...

50 posts in this topic

^Perhaps. It still surprises me how many of them are firearm enthusiasts.

Gotta protect themselves from crazy star wars fans......serious and not serious at the same time.

You would think that they would just use lightsabers. :insane:

Awesome.

There are a ton of fakes/counterfeits out there on the Revenge. Check around on the web for how to spot them just to make sure you've got the real deal.

Isn't "Revenge" of the Jedi (later changed to Return) supposed to be the Holy Grail of Star Wars posters?

I think the One Year poster is harder to find.

Those posters are in unbelievable shape :applause:

If you don't mind me asking, is your gun shop a pawn shop? Seems odd someone coming in with stuff for barter if not, doesn't it? (shrug)

I have no knowledge of this guy's shop, but I've been to gun shops where 'trading' definitely occurs, generally with guns/ammo/military or hunting equipment or associated memorabilia.

A lot of shops thrive on repeat customers, and customers getting to know the store staff and vice versa, and their interests etc. If they know the gunshop owner is a Star Wars/comic fan, then that would something that would for sure come up in conversation, and you might get more than a few customers at that location bartering, etc.

Also, (and I'm certainly not saying it related to anyone's specific shop), I've seen regular customers do 'unofficial pawns' of their weapons for short term loans from time to time. ** I repeat: I'm not talking about the store in the thread or any specific store.

A lot of shops thrive on repeat customers, and customers getting to know the store staff and vice versa, and their interests etc. If they know the gunshop owner is a Star Wars/comic fan, then that would something that would for sure come up in conversation, and you might get more than a few customers at that location bartering, etc.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. I'd have never thought to go grocery shopping with a $200 comic lol

^Perhaps. It still surprises me how many of them are firearm enthusiasts.

Gotta protect themselves from crazy star wars fans......serious and not serious at the same time.

You would think that they would just use lightsabers. :insane:

I wouldn't be surprised if they already are......look at the neat stuff they are doing with handmade lasers at home on youtube.

Awesome.

There are a ton of fakes/counterfeits out there on the Revenge. Check around on the web for how to spot them just to make sure you've got the real deal.

Exactly! For one thing you better hope they are double sided,if not they are fakes.

I know they are not comics but if there aren't Star Wars fans on here then something is very wrong in the force...

I own a gun store fairly close to Skywalker Ranch...lots of their employees are my customers. These two beautiful mint posters just walked in the door and traded for my goods...the first being a fairly rare gem. Not the greatest pics but they will do in a pinch. Enjoy!

nvr3ti.jpg

ir7tsk.jpg

Sweet!

I'm not a pawn shop but I do have a pawn license. Being a single owner/operator I can be paid in beets if I so desire. I take payment in gold and silver coin all the time. My gun store is decorated with a lot of my vintage toys so ill get random offers for this and that. To this day my favorite has been a guy with a 1979 mint boxed Alien 18" figure...SCORE! I traded for a raw Fantastic Four 14 that came back as a 9.2...I've traded for 15 boxes of f-vf silver age books...you name it! Being this close to Skywalker Ranch, Pixar, etc I get a VERY cool customer base. Right before my son was born 4 months ago one of the execs at Pixar brought me in their entire catalog plus some amazing promo stuff...and a bottle of Lasseters wine. Neato.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever opened up a comic book store near Skywalker ranch? That concept seems like developing an ice cream stand near a fat kids camp.

If you have vintage posters coming through a gun shop, I can only imagine what would walk through THAT comic book store's door.

Very nice!

Lower right looks good on the poster. A lot of fakes out there have a fade as if someone was lifting the corner during the process of making the master copy. That eliminates the majority of fakes. The fact that it's not folded also means if it was a copy, the person did not try to replicate the folds which they usually never get right.

It looks good to me from the little knowledge of fakes that I've seen.

Awesome.

Exactly! For one thing you better hope they are double sided,if not they are fakes.

I've had an original Anniversary poster before... it is not double-sided (actually, I'm not sure there were any double-sided posters in 1978). However, the one I had was definitely distributor-folded (and only in so-so condition).

I'm not a pawn shop but I do have a pawn license. Being a single owner/operator I can be paid in beets if I so desire. I take payment in gold and silver coin all the time. My gun store is decorated with a lot of my vintage toys so ill get random offers for this and that. To this day my favorite has been a guy with a 1979 mint boxed Alien 18" figure...SCORE! I traded for a raw Fantastic Four 14 that came back as a 9.2...I've traded for 15 boxes of f-vf silver age books...you name it! Being this close to Skywalker Ranch, Pixar, etc I get a VERY cool customer base. Right before my son was born 4 months ago one of the execs at Pixar brought me in their entire catalog plus some amazing promo stuff...and a bottle of Lasseters wine. Neato.

That is awesome!!!! (worship)