• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, KirbyJack said:

Thanks. Ideally, an observer who was familiar with the subject matter would recognize it quickly, but I admit that I aimed high. Next year, I hope to execute a comic book image that geeks get. 

this high geek got it

-bc

On 12/1/2023 at 7:07 PM, jayhawker said:

I wish I could share more often with new books.

Understand - I haven't won a book for almost 2 years. Granted, I only need a couple dozen to complete the sets I want, but depending on the auction house, my highest bid is only 75% of the final hammer price.

Placed bids on several of @Figment books, but didn't win one. Heritage has been the worst, I'm blown out 3 seconds into the live bidding.

Guess it's either man-up or settle with a lesser grade copy.

-bc

On 12/2/2023 at 5:45 PM, bc said:

Understand - I haven't won a book for almost 2 years. Granted, I only need a couple dozen to complete the sets I want, but depending on the auction house, my highest bid is only 75% of the final hammer price.

Placed bids on several of @Figment books, but didn't win one. Heritage has been the worst, I'm blown out 3 seconds into the live bidding.

Guess it's either man-up or settle with a lesser grade copy.

-bc

:whatthe:

On 12/5/2023 at 1:01 PM, Bronty said:

:whatthe:

In my defense, I started a new business venture the month before COVID hit :cry:

Trying to build the business up, so my comic funds are limited.

-bc

On 12/6/2023 at 2:47 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

You really are one of the all-time good guys on these boards BC.  I sincerely hope things turn around for your business.

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

and...keep updating your WTB thread please! I'm living vicariously thru it (thumbsu

-bc