• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

image.thumb.png.058d80550dbc064a1ff74cdde4569477.png

Well gang, spent several quality Guinness sessions trying to come up with something to do this Christmas season.

I tried some stuff with AI generators trying to Xmas-size our favorite PHM covers, but was unimpressed with the results (I will take full operator error responsibility there).

Also thought about just being lazy and using some prior years stuff.

BUT, while I was scanning through channels the other night, happened to catch a part of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"...

After another pint or three, came up with a group idea....(part of this plays off the recent Groot-Krang Clan exchange)....

Which PHM character best represents each of Santa's reindeer?

image.png.7e4a6c978f0e4e5c361dd0a731b8a94e.png

To help out, I'm including some things about each:

Dasher: One of Santa’s fastest reindeer, Dasher originally came from the German word “Dascher” which means ‘purse maker’ in English, so Dasher can even sew!

Dancer: Whenever any Reindeer has a birthday or special day to celebrate, Dancer is the one to put the party together. She just loves getting her friends together and having a good time with them.

Prancer: Prancer is a very loyal reindeer and is often found in the factory with the elves prancing around with them. Prancer also has to look his best all the time as he never knows who he might meet next.

Vixen: Vixen loves to put on a great show and show off with his magic tricks. He can be quite cheeky though when with the other reindeer as he likes to play tricks on them, but Santa loves his magic tricks as they can come in super handy on Christmas Eve when delivering presents.

Comet: Easy going and loves to play ball games with the fawns, Comet is the reindeer that all the children look up to and he loves the attention! He also has some words of wisdom, inspiring children to be on their best behaviour.

Cupid: Cupid is the affectionate reindeer who often carries mistletoe. Cupid has a sweet tooth and mince pies are her favourite so make sure you leave them out on Christmas Eve! She also loves to sing much to the other reindeer's annoyance!

Donner: Originating from the Dutch word for thunder, Donner is always noticed when he enters a room due to his deep booming voice. Like Cupid, he also loves to sing, especially with his twin Blitzen who are duet together.

Blitzen: From the Dutch word for ‘lightning’, Blitzen is a fast and playful reindeer, just like a lightning bolt. He’s always on time as a result!

Rudolph: Santa’s guiding light, Rudolph joined after the original 8. He is a shy reindeer and at first was very self-conscious about himself and his red nose which many used to make fun of. It wasn’t until Santa recognised his shiny bulb of a nose as a gift in order to light the way with his beacon of light and lead them through snowy conditions. He loves to play hide and seek too, when he’s not working, although he does have an advantage against the other reindeer as he can light up dark spots in order to find his friends.

Of course, you can disregard that and just have fun!

-bc

To make it easy to comment, here's the list of the names you can easily quote

Dasher 

Dancer

Prancer

Vixen

Comet

Cupid

Donner

Blitzen

Rudolph

I’ve been thinking about this reindeer situation.

My dad knew about draft horses, and had a hand in training more than one team of Belgians for harness. 
We need matched pairs: four matched pairs in this case. So…

On Mummex! Gomdulla!

On Googam and Goom!

On Taboo! On Monstrom, 

Grogg and Fin Fang Foom!

On 12/21/2023 at 2:40 PM, KirbyJack said:

I’ve been thinking about this reindeer situation.

My dad knew about draft horses, and had a hand in training more than one team of Belgians for harness. 
We need matched pairs: four matched pairs in this case. So…

On Mummex! Gomdulla!

On Googam and Goom!

On Taboo! On Monstrom, 

Grogg and Fin Fang Foom!

^^

(worship)

:headbang:

-bc

On 12/22/2023 at 11:09 AM, KirbyJack said:

I think the funniest thing about it is picturing a grown man applying actual effort to such an endeavor.

...or the fool who spent his valuable drinking time coming up with such a lame challenge.

-bc

On 12/22/2023 at 2:15 PM, bc said:

...or the fool who spent his valuable drinking time coming up with such a lame challenge.

-bc

See, now there we disagree. 
I think that was an excellent use of drinking time. Provided that you continued to drink, of course.

Those statues are cool! Where did you get them?

On 12/24/2023 at 1:52 AM, KirbyJack said:

Amazing! Best thing I've seen on the boards in a while. (worship)

Thanks!

I didn't post earlier because I wasn't sure if it was not too much off topic but if there is some interest I will post the next ones .

I tried to do a blend between the old Aurora style of model kits and those monsters.

Edited by bullmark