• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

All 3 back from CGC + the results are :banana:

TTA31.jpg

JIM80.jpg

TOS26.jpg

OMG!!! Rich!!!

The freaking TRIFECTA!!!

I think I might be able to kill for that TTA 31...bejeezuz!!! :headbang:

Nobody gives comic love like Tom!!! (worship) (worship) Has my early vote for best forumite 2009!!!

TTA 31 is THE greatest Mummy cover of all time...hmmm sounds like a good theme for a thread in General...

I agree and all three of those books are Beautiful Rich. :luhv::applause:

TTA 31 and TOS 20 are my two favorite pre-Hero Marvels

and the 31 is an awesome Mummy cover and the best IMO. (thumbs u

Thanks Fay + SS!! Finding great books like this is what keeps me coming back :cloud9:

Tough books! Very nice! :applause:

A couple of sweet AAF's :banana:

AAF10.jpg

AAF12.jpg

WOW, what grades! Beats the hell out of my old vg copies by a mile.......

wow, where do they rank in the census ? I am sure there are a few # 1 spots there

In the meantime, here is one of my favorite covers that I just got around to scanning! This would have made a wonderful movie poster, dontcha think?

ST_97.jpg

Hey, isn't this the issue with the first app. of Uncle Ben and Aunt May?

Most impressive. Those are some swell books you have there. Is your goal to obtain a full HG CGC pre-hero collection? You seem well on your way!

Congrats,

Bill

Thanks guys!! (thumbs u A full HG CGC prehero collection would be a stunning, monumental achievement. I'm just picking up the best books I can now + we'll see where it goes. I already have the full hero run on TTA, so that one is feasible. Having fun is the goal!! :banana:

A couple of sweet AAF's :banana:

AAF10.jpg

AAF12.jpg

WOW, what grades! Beats the hell out of my old vg copies by a mile.......

wow, where do they rank in the census ? I am sure there are a few # 1 spots there

The #10 is the 2nd best copy behind a single 9.4. The #12 is the 4th best copy behind a 9.2,9.0 + a 8.5.

In the meantime, here is one of my favorite covers that I just got around to scanning! This would have made a wonderful movie poster, dontcha think?

ST_97.jpg

Yes

ST_97.jpg

Yes

Well..Yes and No... Its an appearance of An "Aunt May & Uncle Ben" drawn by Mr. Ditko, but this is not the couple who lived in Forrest Hill, Queens. This May and Ben lived in a remote sea-side cottage and had a very "fishy" wheelchair bound niece.

Edited by AtlasFan

This next book is something of a prehero grail for me. I first came across it in the early 70's in reprint form in "Where Monsters Dwell". As a 5 year old Godzilla fanatic I was hooked. Now this 40 year old can enjoy the smokin' original!! :headbang::cloud9:

TTA9.jpg

This next book is something of a prehero grail for me. I first came across it in the early 70's in reprint form in "Where Monsters Dwell". As a 5 year old Godzilla fanatic I was hooked. Now this 40 year old can enjoy the smokin' original!! :headbang::cloud9:

TTA9.jpg

Droom the Living Lizard. hm Isn't he the brother of Broom, that janitorial lizard? And Vroom, the Racing Lizard?

Seriously, cool book! (thumbs u

ST_97.jpg

Yes

Well..Yes and No... Its an appearance of An "Aunt May & Uncle Ben" drawn by Mr. Ditko, but this is not the couple who lived in Forrest Hill, Queens. This May and Ben lived in a remote sea-side cottage and had a very "fishy" wheelchair bound niece.

so I guess they are prototypes........ and CGC prob does say something like that on the notes for this issue. BTW this is an amazing cover. wow. Had to say it again.

ST_97.jpg

Yes

so I guess they are prototypes........ and CGC prob does say something like that on the notes for this issue. BTW this is an amazing cover. wow. Had to say it again.

Here is CGC stance on this book

75264.jpg.4f805e3ed17cf518a10f2e38e734b936.jpg