• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Great books as always AF!! Just got these:

AAF11.jpg

JIM62.jpg

JIM74.jpg

Brown pre-hero monster covers! :cloud9:

Thanks Tom! I've always wondered about the sheer number of brown or brownish orange monsters on all these monster books. Did Kirby + Ditko decide that brown + orange monsters were more scary? Was it a suggestion from Stan or something mundane like those colors were cheaper to reproduce? Just curious because there are so many (shrug)

Hulk not cute & cuddly :sumo:

:gossip: Nice copy

JIM62.jpg

lol Thanks AS!! From a design standpoint, I like how they used yellow throughout in the title, the "Hulk" banner + as an inner border to the word balloon. Contrasts nicely to the ever present browns!

Nice books!!!

I tend to think that orange and brown must have stood out more on the newsstand. There are just so many orange monsters with a brown background that their must have been some rationale behind it!

I wonder if anyone ever asked Stan or Jack?

Bill

Mummex!!!!!!!!!

TTA8.jpg

Does anyone lnow who might have inked this cover? The owner of my LCS thinks its Wally Wood + another friend thinks it might be Russ Heath.

Nice one Rich! I just posted this one in the TOS Thread...probably gonna send this in to CGC after the Holidays...

TALESOFSUSPENSE13VF-.jpg

Mummex!!!!!!!!!

TTA8.jpg

Does anyone lnow who might have inked this cover? The owner of my LCS thinks its Wally Wood + another friend thinks it might be Russ Heath.

It's supposed to be Ditko inks and that's best mummy cover ever! :applause:

Mummex!!!!!!!!!

TTA8.jpg

Ditko inks on pre-hero monster books! :cloud9:

Mummex!!!!!!!!!

TTA8.jpg

That's a great cover. MUMMEX RULES...However, this is THE best Mummy cover of all time (IMHO)...

TTA_31.jpg

Mummex!!!!!!!!!

TTA8.jpg

Thanks AS + I love it too!! :headbang: