• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

So Grogg is pretty much Fin Fang Foom with wings and a different digit count.

Is there an earlier Grogg cover or appearance?

All these books are fab!! Thanks to all of ya'll that posted them as we probably would never see these rarities anywhere!!

What a great ST 80- 89 run AF!!!! Collectively those have to be some of the best monster covers, if not best consecutive monster covers of the whole prehero group (worship) (worship) (worship):luhv:

I think you make a very good point!

Nice set!!!!

What a great ST 80- 89 run AF!!!! Collectively those have to be some of the best monster covers, if not best consecutive monster covers of the whole prehero group (worship) (worship) (worship):luhv:

Nice set!!!!

Thank you gentlemen! ST covers do have some of the best monster covers of the pre-heros. But, I would say the TTA 4-20 is THE best run!

Nice set!!!!

Thank you gentlemen! ST covers do have some of the best monster covers of the pre-heros. But, I would say the TTA 4-20 is THE best run!

That ST 80 cover is BA! as in BAD AZZ!

And that 88 is pure Ditko AWESOMENESS!

Ah hell, they're all person_without_enough_empathyen!! :headbang::headbang:

So Grogg is pretty much Fin Fang Foom with wings and a different digit count.

Is there an earlier Grogg cover or appearance?

Grogg looks way cooler IMO

These are all the Grogg appearances. Grogg looks like FFF (maybe he's a FFF prototype???), but rather than being a mystical dragon like the Foomster, Grogg is just another big scaly alien invading earth...but I bet they both buy their shorts from the same Big Mens..er .. Monster Shop.

Edited by AtlasFan

No one likes the melting pot cover? :(

Needs a better picture! :baiting:

Just kidding! :foryou:

That title smacks of Stan Lee like when with the pre-hero book "Genie with the Light Brown Hair!" but the cover art is pure Everett! :cloud9:

Shouldn't GOLIATH on the cover of JIM 63 be called FISH-FACE? (shrug)

He should have been called the "Gill-Man's big brother"! Goliath's face is a dead-on ringer for the Creature from the Black Lagoon (one of my favorite films, by the way)!

Bill

Shouldn't GOLIATH on the cover of JIM 63 be called FISH-FACE? (shrug)

He should have been called the "Gill-Man's big brother"! Goliath's face is a dead-on ringer for the Creature from the Black Lagoon (one of my favorite films, by the way)!

Bill

That's exactly right...loved that movie as well...we used to get all those monster models and build them and paint them as well...the good ole days! :headbang: