• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Astounding! After a 20+ year search I still need 3, and you snag 'em all in one deal?

I, sir, am a wiggley worm, sir. (worship)

Ah, I see another alumni of good ol' PU is here on the boards....and remember:

"A wiggly worm, sir, is the lowest lump of whale blubber in the ocean depth, and nothing is lower than a freshman at Prinstone U..."

AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!~

Anybody catch last weeks Heritage weekly auction? Bunch of slabbed pre-heroes mainly JIM and Strange Tales. I was able to grab the JIM 73 (8.5) but that was it. The Strange Tales just went out of sight. The ST 100 in 9.2 went for over $2000 including buyer's premium. :o

The ST 87 and 88 graded 8.5 each were over graded!! Rounded corners, edge wear, etc. looked more like 7.0-7.5 at best. Anyone pick up anything?

The ST 100 in 9.2 went for over $2000 including buyer's premium.
Definitely surprising to me, but then there is some competition when you are talking 9.2 and above and all it takes is 2 bidders.

Or my pathetic GD/VG copy ...... :sorry:

ST100-EC.jpg

Nothing pathetic about that copy! Seriously Jay, that book is killer...so it's got 3 binder holes, it's still probably a 9.2/9.4 qualified...I forget, do these get green labels?

KILLER KOPY I say! :headbang:

Or my pathetic GD/VG copy ...... :sorry:

ST100-EC.jpg

Nothing pathetic about that copy! Seriously Jay, that book is killer...so it's got 3 binder holes, it's still probably a 9.2/9.4 qualified...I forget, do these get green labels?

KILLER KOPY I say! :headbang:

+1

I wish all my "pathetic" GD/VG copies had such excellent eye appeal as this one. :cloud9:

I think Roy (r1970d) mentioned that he had seen it at a small show in Southern California, though it had already been sold for an undisclosed amount.

I think Roy (r1970d) mentioned that he had seen it at a small show in Southern California, though it had already been sold for an undisclosed amount.

That's correct...someone snatched it up first thing at the Yorba Linda 1-day Con 3 weeks ago...for an undisclosed sum... :o

Just got these in. I need only 9 issues to complete the TTA preheros and thus the whole run #1-101. :banana:

Impressive!!! :applause:

Rich,

Congrats on those great copies! I don't know how you manage to find so many

of such hard issues.

We shall from here on out dub you Relentless Rich! :headbang:

Seriously, CONGRATS Rich! Expect a call from Heritage sometime soon asking for you to be the feature collection in their next catalogue! ^^

Rich,

Congrats on those great copies! I don't know how you manage to find so many

of such hard issues.

We shall from here on out dub you Relentless Rich! :headbang:

Seriously, CONGRATS Rich! Expect a call from Heritage sometime soon asking for you to be the feature collection in their next catalogue! ^^

lol Thanks guys. Love the books + love sharing them with all of you!! (thumbs u