• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Da winner + TTA Champion!!!!!!:

TTA34.jpg

UGH...I cant believe this won out over #29...I never thought too much about #34...oh well.

I would not have predicted it either as I don't think it's necessarily in the top 5 artistically speaking. The concept and the caption are probably a big part of what makes it memorable.

I'm working on new scanner kind of blury. This is the TTA winner in my mind

tta24-1.jpg

Even with the slightly blurry image, you can tell that is a kick azz book!!!! :cloud9:

I'm sure it would have received more votes with a really good scan of that copy! :luhv:

If anyone is looking for nice mid grade copies of TOS 12 or JIM 62......board member bcc has 'em in his sales thread....heads up. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a question about JIM 76.....why is the "rare" 12 cents variant the only one that is ever for sale....and does anyone have a scan of the "common" never-for-sale version ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo

I'm not knowledgeable of the variants for this issue...is there a 3rd 10-cent issue that was distributed that didn't have the black-out?

Here's a 9.0 currently up for grabs on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1962-Journey-Into-Mystery-76-CGC-9-0-Silver-Age-Comic-/180532504967?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a08936987

BuNJ-QBWkKGrHqZi4Ev10GmOfBMF6Dwvw_3.jpg

And here's my "non-variant?" copy...

JIM76FC.jpg

Thanks for posting these -- it's not often you see these two "variants" side-by-side!

(worship)

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

My darling sister had it framed for my bd last year! :banana:

AWESOME! Love to see people posting their pre-hero OA :banana:(worship)

That's awesome I would love to get my hands on some pre-hero Kirby OA. (worship)

Thanks guys!! (thumbs u CD, keep checking the usual places (Heritage Clink,Romitaman, etc). A few pieces turn up several times a year.