• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Coolness. It is hard to tell from the scan, does the #33 have a "PAID" stamped on the cover? And do you (or anyone else) know what collection it came from, or the origins of the stamp? I have one with that stamp (below) and I've seen a couple others (seems like they may have all been TTA preheros) floating around over the years...

tta20cgc80oww.jpg

Nice TOS! These 2 just came back from CGC:

tta3392.jpg

tos3692.jpg

The TTA #33 is the lone HGC, so I'm a little jazzed!! :headbang:

Those are nice books. I love the later pre-heros, the stories were much more developed than the earlier issues!

Coolness. It is hard to tell from the scan, does the #33 have a "PAID" stamped on the cover? And do you (or anyone else) know what collection it came from, or the origins of the stamp? I have one with that stamp (below) and I've seen a couple others (seems like they may have all been TTA preheros) floating around over the years...

tta20cgc80oww.jpg

Great cover...Next to Johnny Craig, Kirby drew some some of the cleanest sewer scenes!

tta3392.jpg

tos3692.jpg

Those are nice books. I love the later pre-heros, the stories were much more developed than the earlier issues!

What can I say Rich...your Pre-Hero collection is soaring to the heavens! :headbang:

tta3392.jpg

tos3692.jpg

What can I say Rich...your Pre-Hero collection is soaring to the heavens! :headbang:

I concur... I love watching Rich post his new finds!

Wasn't sure when I was going to be able to upgrade this book. The right book never seemed to come at the right time or at all. :tonofbricks: I was eyeing this book hard + hoping it could be had for just 1 major organ. And then lo + behold, success!!!!!!!! :o:banana::whee: (thumbs u :headbang: Now I just had to pay for it. doh!:ohnoez::tonofbricks:

tta175.jpg

Wasn't sure when I was going to be able to upgrade this book. The right book never seemed to come at the right time or at all. :tonofbricks: I was eyeing this book hard + hoping it could be had for just 1 major organ. And then lo + behold, success!!!!!!!! :o:banana::whee: (thumbs u :headbang: Now I just had to pay for it. doh!:ohnoez::tonofbricks:

tta175.jpg

Awesome, just awesome, congrats ! Great book and a great collection.

tta175.jpg

+1, a gorgeous book. Thanks for sharing!

tta175.jpg

Thanks guys!! Book is really sharp in hand too. If not for some light bc staining, probably would have graded a full point higher. Definitely the best copy I've ever seen or held. :takeit:

tta175.jpg

Thanks guys!! Book is really sharp in hand too. If not for some light bc staining, probably would have graded a full point higher. Definitely the best copy I've ever seen or held. :takeit:

S H I T E ! ! ! Insane copy bro! :o:headbang:

Nice Korvac. I was an underbidder on that book during the live part of the auction. But it wasn't a total loss, I did end up snagging it's counter-part - the TOS #1 7.5 :grin:

I saw that you picked up the TOS #1 7.5 from Heritage + wondered if you had bid on the TTA as well. Well wonder no further! lol Would have liked to bid on both, but glad the TOS went to a fellow boardie. :applause: (thumbs u

Nice Korvac. I was an underbidder on that book during the live part of the auction. But it wasn't a total loss, I did end up snagging it's counter-part - the TOS #1 7.5 :grin:

I saw that you picked up the TOS #1 7.5 from Heritage + wondered if you had bid on the TTA as well. Well wonder no further! lol Would have liked to bid on both, but glad the TOS went to a fellow boardie. :applause: (thumbs u

Back at you. That TTA #1 you got is prime stuff.

I actually only initially bought the TOS #1 as a back-up as I was going for Cheetah's 9.0 TOS #1 in the CLINK auction.

I'm glad I got that book from HA though as Cheetah's book got out of my price range quickly. I had a choice to sell off my TOS #1 I had just won along with my lifelong collection of high grade HOT STUFF's and win it or be happy as is... easy choice in the end as Hot Stuff rules... lol

Man there's been a lot of HG pre-hero's coming out of the woodwork lately.