• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,036 posts in this topic

There must have been a mass power outage for this book to fall to me for the ridiculous lowball bid I had on it. I guess this makes up for one of those other times things didn't bounce my way...

RAD57AAD20111028_9754.jpg

Awesome book ! :applause:

NIIICE! :headbang:

Awful quiet here. Is everyone still shell-shocked, like I am, over the prices after the HA and LINK auctions....

A combination of a poor economy + monthly Clink auctions have lead directly to such a dismal showing. The market just can't absorb these hundreds of books every month at the prices they've previously commanded. Also having all 3 auctions end in the SAME freakin' week didn't help either. And consignors are plenty pissed about it all, particularly at Clink.

Awful quiet here. Is everyone still shell-shocked, like I am, over the prices after the HA and LINK auctions....

A combination of a poor economy + monthly Clink auctions have lead directly to such a dismal showing. The market just can't absorb these hundreds of books every month at the prices they've previously commanded. Also having all 3 auctions end in the SAME freakin' week didn't help either. And consignors are plenty pissed about it all, particularly at Clink.

:makepoint: (thumbs u

:makepoint: (thumbs u

:sorry:

Back to the books: this book was part of a 3 collector deal that sent another prehero, cash + a slab to be named later to the participating parties.

tta1592.jpg

Another upgrade:

tos129.jpg

Tremendous books. :headbang: The early TOS's and TTA's are sweet.

:news: Pre-Hero Marvels Thread hits 300 pages!!! :news:

Signifying the love!!!

Oh Yeah Rich!!! :headbang:

I've been too busy to post any new books on here for quite a while, but have enjoyed the books that othes have posted recently. I got some books back from CGC this week. Seems like they graded this batch pretty strictly. My flash went out on my camera and I've been too busy to get a new one, so sorry for the less than stellar pics. These are all keepers. Three were upgrades and two were gap fillers. At some point (if/when I get a break), I plan to post my undercopies in the FS thread.

tos18cgc75ow.jpg

jim78cgc75white.jpg

st50cgc70oww.jpg

st52cgc70oww.jpg

st68cgc60white.jpg

Great books, Pete!! (thumbs u I've always loved that JIM #78 cover with the shadowy "Loki prototype". Those 2 Everett STs are great + what an early Kirby cover on that ST #68. Doesn't even look like his work, maybe Christopher Rules' inking.

I've been too busy to post any new books on here for quite a while, but have enjoyed the books that othes have posted recently. I got some books back from CGC this week. Seems like they graded this batch pretty strictly. My flash went out on my camera and I've been too busy to get a new one, so sorry for the less than stellar pics. These are all keepers. Three were upgrades and two were gap fillers. At some point (if/when I get a break), I plan to post my undercopies in the FS thread.

Great set of books, especially the page quality ! I have never seen a couple of these covers. Congrats.

Just got this today :banana:

Proto-Watcher]

Congrats on getting such a nice copy of a great issue! :applause: Is it in a CGC slab BTW ?

I bought a raw 7.0 copy last Christmas.

Thanks! Yeah, It's slabbed.

I have scans now...

watcherprototos35.jpg

Very nice copy! Let me ask you, what's so interesting about these Protos that has the Watcher so enthralled? :baiting:

Just got this today :banana:

Proto-Watcher]

Congrats on getting such a nice copy of a great issue! :applause: Is it in a CGC slab BTW ?

I bought a raw 7.0 copy last Christmas.

Thanks! Yeah, It's slabbed.

I have scans now...

Very nice copy! Let me ask you, what's so interesting about these Protos that has the Watcher so enthralled? :baiting:

I think he's just having a pointing contest with the old fart in the bottom left. hm